Arizona Memorial Day ride

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got an invite from a bunch of coworkers at Intel for a Memorial Day ride to Payson. They are mostly Hardley riders so I don't know if we would be interested in showing them up or not. They usually pull a pretty good mix of metrics, crotch rockets, and hardleys.

Here's what I got from them.

"Believe it or not, my wife has never been to Payson yet. So the idea is kind of the usual loop. Globe, past Roosevelt lake and up. Would like to leave the Cobblestone
on Signal Butte just south of the 60 at 0900. Anyone is more than welcome, but if no-one shows we?re going anyway!"

I know a couple of guys from the Casa Grande/Maricopa area are planning to meet at the Ocotillo Intel site and head up to the Cobblestone.

Honestly, I much rather ride with Vmaxers instead of these slugs. They usually ride way too slow for me. :bang head:

Well aside from losing 2 bandanas and a pair of sunglasses, the ride went well. It was short and quick though. We'll have to plan another one when the weather is a bit cooler. Maybe a night ride?

Here are some pics...only 4 of us were able to make it.

Attachments

• DSCN2268.jpg
    DSCN2268.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN2270.jpg
    DSCN2270.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN2273.jpg
    DSCN2273.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN2274.jpg
    DSCN2274.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN2275.jpg
    DSCN2275.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 12
It was a great ride and I truly enjoyed seeing those beautiful Gen1's. I thought the purchase of my Gen2 was going to be my last but I have now decided that I still want a Gen1.....or several.

I'm thinking....
An '85 because that was the first year
A '95 to mark the 10 year anniversary
An '05 for the 20 year anniversary
and finally an '07 because I love the paint scheme

Oh and of course there is no way in H.E. double hockey sticks that I will ever get rid of my '09.

I really enjoyed riding with you guys and would love to do it again if you would let me. :worthy: Thanks Kozy for putting this ride together.

Oh, and yes....I did make a wrong turn :lol_hitting:but I caught back up with Kozy at the 101.

Thanks again guys.

Tom

No question - good ride. Definite kudos to Kozy. I logged right at 100 miles on the day. Not the longest ride, but not the shortest, either.

I'll bet we would have done more had the temperature not been pushing 100 ! :bang head:

And Tom, only have two words for your Gen2, "Holy Crap!"

You can read about it all day long, but it isn't until you see one light up the rear tire at 40MPH that it starts to sink in...

Thanks for the kind words guys. I figured that ride would be sufficient for a first ride amongst the Southern Arizona Vmaxers. We'll do a longer ride later sometime.

And Tom, we were wondering where the hell you were going to when you made that left turn! Then I was completely shocked when I heard you chirp the tire on the on-ramp behind me. Never even saw you come up on me!

Yeah I came up on Carefree Hwy and I could have sworn that desert_max said we would turn there. Then I didn't know which way so I figured 'what the hell' and gave it a shot. Serves me right for trying to show off and getting out in front like that. :bang head:

Latest posts

Back