ATV Info

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fastatv

Reaction score
I guess its OK to put this here. I'm new to the forum and can't really provide much info on the Max but I do have a fair amount of experience on ATVs. If someone needs some help/info on an ATV, let me know as maybe I can help. Rick

GNCC, or mx ? i raced harescrambles for 15 yrs. i know a trick or 2 myself.
the vmax isn't any harder to work on than a atv. just a different animal.

I used to have a LT230 that I got for free, that was one tough critter. Then I had the original 4x4 quad, the LT250. That was the most overbuilt, rugged machine I've ever seen...in 1993 it had full independent suspension, driveshafts that make modern ones look toothpicks, 5spd autocluch in front of 3 ranges(gears and ranges were shift on the fly), on demand locking axles, speedometer, odo, trip. In super low, that 18hp 250cc single pulled a 4000lb boat out of the water with barely a touch on the gas. Was years ahead of it's time.

It was also fantastically slow, due to its low power and high weight....that thing probably weighed 800lbs...a tank It would eventually wind out to 40 given enough space, but throw in some gravel and a slight hill and you were doing about 15. It was great for rock crawling or tight and technical stuff, but for trails it was just too stinkin slow.

Have a Blaster now. For a 195 it sure scoots around good. Hauls my ass up to 55 and keeps up with my buddy's 400ex all day, just gotta be more active with the shifter to keep the 2 stroke happy, since it has squat in the low end. Blocked off the injection pump, opened the airbox and rejetted it, 21 years old and starts first kick every time and runs like a champ.

Only problem is if you blast through a big puddle, something gets wet and it stalls out and won't start for a few minutes, so I avoid standing water.

Have a Blaster now. For a 195 it sure scoots around good. Hauls my ass up to 55 and keeps up with my buddy's 400ex all day, just gotta be more active with the shifter to keep the 2 stroke happy, since it has squat in the low end. Blocked off the injection pump, opened the airbox and rejetted it, 21 years old and starts first kick every time and runs like a champ.

Only problem is if you blast through a big puddle, something gets wet and it stalls out and won't start for a few minutes, so I avoid standing water.[/QUOTE]
I have had both the 230 and several Blasters...well, not for me but for sons/daughters. Piped, jetted and geared, the Blasters can be made to haul. In regards to the water issue, disconnect each of your electrical connections ( won't be many ), blow out with compressed air...unless you see noticeable dirt........apply dielectric grease. This may solve the problem. Could also be the spark plug boot not sealing from wire to boot. I ride a Banshee and the son rides a YFZ. Rick

Had a string of 2-stroke MX bikes, then a 400ex (too slow after mx bikes) and then an RZ350 powered (that's the street bike, power-valved motor) Banshee. I need to get another one at some point.

Back