BAM! There goes my second gear..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pulled mine myself. Bike was on the centerstand. Swingarm, carbs, radiator, mid gear, etc... removed from engine first.

Put a floor jack under oil pan. I put a short piece of a 2x8 on the jack and the motor came out easily. One hand on the jack, on hand on the valve cover when moving.

Once out and in the open I was able to balance it on the jack directly under a steel beam in the garage. I had previously made an engine storage stand (not for wrenching, for transport). Wrapped staps around engine, and lifted it up with a come a long attached to the beam. Then attached it to the stand.

I DON'T recommend dead lifting the engine and stand into the bed of a truck. The consequences don't show up immediately, they kinda sneak up on you the nest day and linger awhile.

My suggestion would be to buy damons video. It will help with the rebuild and it will give you an idea on how to mod a regular engine stand to hold the max motor
thanks to all for the info on a engine pull. got my shift selector already. water pump parts are next. think I'll also contact damon for his vids just to be safe.
thanks again, bill

Damons vidio and lots of this should help. LOL

Attachments

• 2013-11-24_13-56-20_30.jpg
    2013-11-24_13-56-20_30.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 24
:rofl_200:You have both vidio's or both drinks? LOL all four is best:rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back