Best Grip Glue (or Alternative)?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conman

Reaction score
Just looking for the best stuff to make my grips stay put. I'd like it to last as long as possible and don't really care if it's hard to remove afterwards (within reason).

I used hairspray to keep my grips in place. Ive heard that aquanet is the best. I used it.....and they havent slipped for the last 6 months.

I used hairspray to keep my grips in place. Ive heard that aquanet is the best. I used it.....and they havent slipped for the last 6 months.

Huh... All the people I know of that do that say that its more of a short term fix than a long term bond. I guess I'll have to give it a try.

My clutch side grip slid off at the beginning of last season. I used crazy glue and it hasn't moved a bit since.

I tried hairspray, but still had a lot of movement. After that I tried shoe goo. That has worked great so far...

Mine fit so tight, I had to cut them off without using anything. Hairspray is popular as are super glue. Lock tight, 3M, all good products.

old school trick ---- SPRAY PAINT

1.spray inside the grip .
2.use enough to cover the entire grip inner surface.
3.shake out any extra paint.
4.squeeze the grip a few times.
5.slide grip onto CLEAN handle bar or throttle tube.
6.let sit over night.
7.(some times safety wire is added after paint has dried )

I have used this method for many years.On atv's,dirt bikes,bmx bikes,mountain bikes ,crotch rockets and vmax's. I have never had grip problems.

The best product I've ever used is called PROTAPER Instant Grip Glue. Work fast because you will only have about 30 seconds to work the grip into position and then it will be on for good! And I do mean for GOOD. Purchased a 1 ounce bottle from my local Honda dealer and have glued on 2 sets of grips and only used half the bottle. Great stuff, if you can find it.

Back