best roads?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonerdave

Reaction score
Just curious about your stompin' grounds - where are the best roads to ride on? If one of us is ever in your area, where do we need to go for the best ride? I'm still searching around the flat boring cornfields surrounding Lafayette, but I think the best roads I've been on were in Carrollton county, Ohio. Well-maintained asphalt with no loose gravel, and they wind up, over, and around a lot of nice sized hills. The only problem? I was in a minivan! ARRRRGGG - lousy time to leave the bike at home.

If anyone is ever coming to the Nor Cal area, from Yosemite to Shasta, give a shout first. I know all the best mountain roads, and I'm always looking for a chance to ride them. And riding is better with good riders for company.

I live 50 miles south of shasta and have put thosands of miles on the roads of Nor cal . Next time your up this way PM me we will go and tear it up. I do love hwy 36 and hwy 3 they are a blast. hwy 299 from Redding to Eureka is also awsome if there was less traffic and less cops it would be one of the best.

this is my fav road up here in northern maine. RT11

awesome!!!

Attachments

• rt 11 003.jpg
    rt 11 003.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 17
The northeast has tons of great roads.....any of the ones thru the Adirondack Mtns. are nice...I-87, #28, #30. #12 & #37 along the St Lawrence River, and all the terrific riding around here, in the rolling hills between the Catskill & Berkshire Mtns.

But the nicest one IMO is Rt # 112 between North Woodstock and Conway NH...called the Kancamagus Highway. It's only about 35 miles long but worth it.

In fact, I just might grab a u-haul and trailer the bike up, just to do it once before the end of summer. Hmmmm...maybe, just maybe!!

Dave, my family and I were planning a ride this year to southern indiana on the bikes. My grandpa and uncle live down there. Uncle has a CBR929RR and knows a LOT of good riding roads down there. That's your best chance for good riding roads in Indiana. Head South.

12 and 37 are great along the St. Lawrence River......

All the roads around here are nice....traffic is light.....lots to see.....

Cargo ships, hydroelectric dams large and small, A CASTLE on an island, a tiny lighthouse on an Island.....

The Olympic facilities in Lake Placid are a couple of hours away.....you can take a chair lift to the top of the ski jumps......or to the summit of Whiteface Mountain.....There is even a ROAD up Whiteface......It would be awesome to get a group of Vmaxes to make that run.....just make sure your cooling system is up to snuff for the trip up....and don't burn up your brakes on the way down....

This area in the fall IS SPECTACULAR.....The leaves are starting to change.....

I can't wait......

I am going to try to post pictures of my travels this fall:eusa_dance:

The northeast has tons of great roads.....any of the ones thru the Adirondack Mtns. are nice...I-87, #28, #30. #12 & #37 along the St Lawrence River, and all the terrific riding around here, in the rolling hills between the Catskill & Berkshire Mtns.

But the nicest one IMO is Rt # 112 between North Woodstock and Conway NH...called the Kancamagus Highway. It's only about 35 miles long but worth it.

In fact, I just might grab a u-haul and trailer the bike up, just to do it once before the end of summer. Hmmmm...maybe, just maybe!!

I have heard of this road.......more info please.....:punk:

Yukonerdave, Ohio does have some great roads to ride on, and I believe I rode last year in carrollton county. Every year a group of us picks a different area of ohio to ride. The roads are very different...from flat and smooth in the North, to hills and curves to the South. I think my favorite ride was last year we rode on Rt 60 from up North in vermilion all the way to Mariettta in the South. A great ride!! I live to the North, and another great ride is along lake Erie...can even load the bike on the ferry and go ride around on the islands for the afternoon.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back