Black face plate for speedo?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waylander

Reaction score
Out of curiousity did the Max ever come out with a black face plate in the speedo?
The reason I'm asking is I've got fairly bad night vision, I can see well enough but when I've got lights shining in my eyes it makes it very hard to see anything. I swapped the speedo's out on my Virago from white to black nd it helped lot but was fairly expensive (had to replace the whole unit cause my crash had smashed them) where as the Vmax is still mint (though needs a polish) so was wondering if it was posible to replace just the face plate if they made one.

Out of curiousity did the Max ever come out with a black face plate in the speedo?
The reason I'm asking is I've got fairly bad night vision, I can see well enough but when I've got lights shining in my eyes it makes it very hard to see anything. I swapped the speedo's out on my Virago from white to black nd it helped lot but was fairly expensive (had to replace the whole unit cause my crash had smashed them) where as the Vmax is still mint (though needs a polish) so was wondering if it was posible to replace just the face plate if they made one.

I've never seen a black one before...

The bulbs are covered with a little silicon cap to change the color of the bulb. Try using a Sharpy or some permanent marker to make them darker for you...

I thought of using a red one but don't want the light to be pink so I am not sure if I am going to do it...:confused2:

I've seen red and blue bulbs in the gauges that looked very cool.Not sure where they came from though.

there was a change in configuration of the numbers on the newer maxes. Possibly one or the other might be easier to see. My digital one is very bright and easy to see!

Sean

Repco (like pepboys) would have those. Might try the red or blue ones if I can find them I guess.

They are VERY small... Auto-Zone didn't have them...:bang head:

there was a change in configuration of the numbers on the newer maxes. Possibly one or the other might be easier to see. My digital one is very bright and easy to see!

Sean

I have no issues with my K6. Plus I don't have the red box with the 55 in it...:thumbs up:

I need red though...

Can anybody tell me how to safely remove the instrument bulbs? I tried but couldn't budge them for fear of breaking the fine wiring. I'd like to change the bulbs (I want to fit LEDs).

Latest posts

Back