Black Front Forks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddo

Reaction score
I own an 03 with the semi gloss gray finish. I'm putting some chrome on it and want to paint it a candy color. I like shiny! Has anybody tried taking the black off the lower front forks? I want to take the flat black off and just have the aluminum finish.

Get it either bead blasted or even better if you want to have it almost polished get it soda blasted. The soda blasting shouldn't even require you to take apart the forks as it doesn't usually hurt rubber or plastic. Polishes at the same time that it strips. Then wash off the residual!

Sean

ive never heard of soda blasting how does it strip without hurting plastic and rubber?

I will trade you my stock 97 gloss black forks for your flat black ones. ill even pay shipping! they have some small nicks but its nothing noticable if your interested ill take video and high quality pics

ive never heard of soda blasting how does it strip without hurting plastic and rubber?

I will trade you my stock 97 gloss black forks for your flat black ones. ill even pay shipping! they have some small nicks but its nothing noticable if your interested ill take video and high quality pics

http://www.sodablastingservices.com/ These guys are in Ill too. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back