Black Soot in tailpipe after exhaust install

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whips07Max

Reaction score
I recently installed the UFO 4 into 1 Dragstar on my Max. The bike is new, about 300 miles at the time of this message. The carbs have not been touched, no jet ket. The bike runs great too. I ran my finger inside the exhaust tip and got black soot on my finger. Like I said, the bike runs good, do I have anything to worry about, what should I do? Just ride and enjoy or get it re-jetted? I don't trust this dealer to re-jet it, I'm afraid they'll make it worse. I had a similar experience with a 1995 Honda V4 Magna, it seems that some mechanics have a hard time with four carbs. I sure wish one of you knowledgeable V-maxer's :biglaugh: lived closed to me and I could pay you to rejet. I live close to Morgantown, WV. I think I'd go w/Sean Morley's kit over the Stage 7. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Whip:th_whip:

I'll let someone that knows a buttload more about this than I do chime in. However, I suspect as with other aftermarket pipe installs, it's running a bit rich. (One would think it might run lean, but I believe the reverse is true.)

If it were mine and it was running well, I wouldn't worry about it. If the plugs stay clean and the bike running well, just ride it. Plus, when it cools off, the denser air might help a bit, too.

I'd love to get a video and sound of your bike. I bet it sounds terrific. :clapping:

Back