blue tooth

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

55nalive

Reaction score
What is a good blue tooth for a retro fit on a full face will need two, looking at sena but know nothing about thanks Ken

I've got the smh10 and love it. With earplugs in and the volume cranked it's crystal clear. The battery life is 10+ hours and it's really easy to use. I use it for gps, music, and talking to buddies with their smh5's and it's been great.... Super easy to do what you want with a phone mount and Siri to talk to.

I actually decided to try this one and it WORKS GREAT!!.. I connected to a riding buddies BT helmet (it was not this same unit). We tested a good 1/4 to 1/2 mile and we still had solid com. It has a built in radio. you can pair it with your phone, and GPS.. We ran all day, battery was still good at the end of the day. I'm sure there are better ones out there, but for the price/ reviews and features, not bad at all.

http://www.amazon.com/Interphone-Bl...42&sr=1-2&keywords=buyee+bluetooth+motorcycle

I've been looking at bluetooth comms ad nauseum, and what I have learned so far follows:

Sena products are not waterproof.

The Sena 10 series have pins that stick out of the unit if you remove it from your helmet that some have reported breaking off easily. They use Bluetooth 2.0

The Sena 20 series have very complex multi-push button sequences, and the speakers do not fit the cutouts in Shoei RF-1200 helmets perfectly. They use Bluetooth 4.0. They are outrageously expensive.

One user on another forum has reported that Scala customer support is terrible. Scala are reputed to be waterproof and dustproof.

That's my input. I have yet to make up my mind which unit to buy, so I'll watch this thread.

I've been through some pretty heavy rain without issue with my smh10, and you'd have to be trying pretty hard to break anything when attaching/removing the headpiece. Really the only reason to have it off the helmet is to charge it, and even that can be done with the unit on the helmet.

I have the HJC IS-MAX 2 Helmet and that Buyee BT unit, which is waterproof, fits the speaker inlay, like it was made for it. It came with multiple mounts for different helmets.
It also came with a rather large foam to cover the mike. I'm sure that's to cut down wind noise.
I had to remove it. My buddy was still able to hear me at 60+ MPH.

Pros: Inexpensive, great coverage, FM Radio, clear audio, compatible with other of BT units. Long battery life. Allows connection to Smart Phone, GPS, and Rider. Full music control from unit. Pair up to 3 riders, with any two communicating at one time.

*Great reviews, going by the amount of people that reviewed it.

Cons: A little tough to remove from helmet, (but I don't need it to be easily taken off anyway), I now charge it while on helmet.

*this is what got me..
I always take a stronger look at something that got 4 of 5 stars, but reviewed by 30 people, than something that got a 5 of 5 stars, but reviewed by 3

thank you for all the good input the buyee and uclear look good ,buyee is low cost ,but the one thing I like about sena10 is able to talk to 4

All because of you guys I bought one Buyee Bt unit. amazon ordered toady will receive today amazing. Thanks for your reviews.

I have the sena smh10r. It's the slimline one that sticks on the side of the helmet and the battery mounts on the back. I've had it in torrential rain for hours at a time without any issues. I was really interested in the uclear and rested it at the motorcycle show. I ended up with the sena when I went to revzilla and talked to them in person. That buyee one looks cool, especially for the price.

Sena makes good stuff, Myself and my pillion have SMH3's in our helmets. The 10 is a sweet unit, you won't be disappointed.

Back