Brake/clutch reservoir screws

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goatman

Reaction score
Looking for some help with these screw sizes. I had to drill out one of
my reservoir cap screws so I need some new ones. The metric ones I found
at the hardware store I think were 8/32 and looked right, but are a bit
too large. Does anyone who has replaced these remember what size
they are? Thanks for any help.

i found more phillips at the HW store but am def trying to find some allen head ones

if memory serves me, i think they're 4mm x .7 pitch.

Flat Hd Socket Cap Screw M4, 12mm L, 0.7mm Pitch

I got mine in titanium so they would not rust......

+1. i'd like to just find SOME allenhead. i foudn them on UK ebay's site for vmax. they wanted 4 pounds for the screws and then another for shipping. that'd be like $12 for 4 screws!

I'm in the same boat as the Goatman. My screws on both covers are 1 little slip of the screwdriver away from being completely stripped. I haven't taken the time to check the hardware store for replacements yet though.
Something like an allen head or torx would be real nice.

Oh, btw, nice avatar! I've got little rubber Gumby and Pokey figurines in my house just like you have in your avatar. I wonder if that stuff is worth anything?

I've had pretty good luck removing these screws, and others on the max, by using the correct sized DeWalt phillips tip in a 1/4" socket and ratchet handle. Press the tip down with one hand and give the ratchet handle a sharp rap with a small hammer...the screw will usually loosen right up.

Then remove it, throw it away and replace with allen head ones!

danny

Flat Hd Socket Cap Screw M4, 12mm L, 0.7mm Pitch

Thanks much for that, ask and you shall receive!
Actually I got my avatar from the choices on this site when
setting up an account. I'm not smart enough to figure out
how to add my own.

I can get a bag of these thru work if you guy are interested. Looks like the right thing to me. Let me know.

Attachments

• Master Cyl Cover Hardware.pdf
    93.5 KB · Views: 21
I can get a bag of these thru work if you guy are interested. Looks like the right thing to me. Let me know.

Hells yeah that looks like the stuff! Price per 100 is $9....I'm sure that plenty of us would float you a buck or two and you'd have that $9 back and then some!

You can regularly find kits on Ebay with a complete set of Stainless fasteners for the Vmax - one could go around and replace everything I suppose. I thought about it, but then I had a mental picture of stripping/breaking shit all over the bike and trying to drill stuff out - ug.

Back