• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Motorycle For Sale burgundy 85 needs work

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll do $300 and come get it and dig it out of the blackberries

Aw C'mon bud !!! $300 ?? a set of tires costs more than that !!
I hate to be the party pooper, but know you have $300 just on the scoops !!
Those embossed side covers are very hard to get this days, and may bring another $300 if they're free of dents

I think at least $500 would be a more reasonable price

And before you start calling me names, let me assure you, that if he parts that bike, he can make 5 times what you offered

Those embossed side covers are very hard to get this days, and may bring another $300 if they're free of dents

And before you start calling me names, let me assure you, that if he parts that bike, he can make 5 times what you offered
Heck at $300, I'd make a profit just canning the Blackberries.....😜

You are absolutely correct, one could part it out and then be left with a bike that will sit for the next 20 years.
Looking from the perspective of reviving the bike, left outside for 2 years and not started in 20 it is a different story.
It will take a few thousand and quite a bit of time to make it safe and ridable "if" the engine is ok.

That's the thing you see, any used item is worth as much as some one is willing to pay.

So we know its worth at least 300

Breaking up for parts is time consuming, if using ebay then have to put up with idiotic questions, hassle when parts are returned etc.

Sometimes your time is more important.

Never forget that your time on earth is finite whereas the amount of money you can make or lose is infinite, most likely you will never reach the extremes.

Divide the loss by the number of years you are expected to live and it is likely to be a couple hundred bucks a year, an amount you can drink through at a good dinner party = so insignificant.

Good luck with the sale.

I would drag it out of the weeds, hose it down and hold out for $500. 300 is too low.
So keep this thought in mind, this is a liquid cooled bike that has sat for 20 years. I doubt the coolant was drained. Chances are more likely than not that this motor is gonna need a full tear down to the cases. If I keep thinkin about it I may just talk myself out of it (but not likely, I need a winter project!). If I was just gonna strip her down and ebay all the good bits then your right but thats not my plan. As reference, I got my 2007 in running condition with 1850 miles on the clock for $2500.

Agreed. I’d rather see it on the road than parted out. I have about $2,000 in mine to get it road worthy and it didn’t run for 11-12 years. Fortunately the motor and trans were fine and I was able to do some work myself. Biggest expense was carb rebuild but Dannymax’s work is well worth it. My carbs were seriously jacked up. I changed the tires myself, rebuilt brake calipers, put new pads in, of course, steel braided brake lines, all new fluids, etc. She’s no beauty queen but I love her!!

Just saw this on Craigslist Houston, Tx. Posting to just give a reference. Waiting on a call back.
(832-470-4353)
1992 Yamaha Vmax - $1,200 (East Houston)
<image 2 of 4>

01010_2WwbsjJQaAfz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00101_di9SZz8YrYyz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00404_5oMls8mRIvHz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

1 2 3 4

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)
condition: fair
make / manufacturer: Yamaha
model name / number: Vmax
1992 Vmax. Not running, selling as parts bike with title. Bought it for hard to find factory options like backrest, windshield, crash bars, etc. Ended up finding all those parts new on the internet, so I don't need the bike.

Just saw this on Craigslist Houston, Tx. Posting to just give a reference. Waiting on a call back.
(832-470-4353)
1992 Yamaha Vmax - $1,200 (East Houston)
<image 2 of 4>

01010_2WwbsjJQaAfz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00101_di9SZz8YrYyz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00404_5oMls8mRIvHz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

1 2 3 4

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)
condition: fair
make / manufacturer: Yamaha
model name / number: Vmax
1992 Vmax. Not running, selling as parts bike with title. Bought it for hard to find factory options like backrest, windshield, crash bars, etc. Ended up finding all those parts new on the internet, so I don't need the bike.
Yeah! I'd hop on that in a jiffy!

I wonder if the engine is toast?
It does say "Not Running". Certainly bring a compression tester and VOM. $1200 is pretty high for a non-runner with no history and she looks a bit rusty in places.

Last edited:
Back