busted and disgusted!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ecarri100

Reaction score
I went to my mothers last night for dinner and ended up staying the night. this morning my Step father woke me up. it seems he becked into my Max and knocked it over. He said nothing happened to it. I said i have never seen a 600 pound bike fall with no damage. Luckily he bumped it from behind so it went forward off the side stand. I ended up with a bent clutch lever broke left mirror, bent the eyebrow on my left front signal(which is no big deal,because i have never liked them)and my windshield is broke. i have never been one who liked windshields on cycles, but when i bought this max 7 months ago it had it on it and it was the begining of winter so it stayed on. However, it is now summer and i had been wanting to take it off, but now that i was forced to take it off. my cycle riding experience is sooooo different. The shield i had on the bike is the stock Yamaha shield with the wing graphic. Can anyone help me find another? I really love the way my max looks without the shield, but without it 100MPH+ is miserable. PLEASE HELP!!!
:bang head:

I went to my mothers last night for dinner and ended up staying the night. this morning my Step father woke me up. it seems he becked into my Max and knocked it over. He said nothing happened to it. I said i have never seen a 600 pound bike fall with no damage. Luckily he bumped it from behind so it went forward off the side stand. I ended up with a bent clutch lever broke left mirror, bent the eyebrow on my left front signal(which is no big deal,because i have never liked them)and my windshield is broke. i have never been one who liked windshields on cycles, but when i bought this max 7 months ago it had it on it and it was the begining of winter so it stayed on. However, it is now summer and i had been wanting to take it off, but now that i was forced to take it off. my cycle riding experience is sooooo different. The shield i had on the bike is the stock Yamaha shield with the wing graphic. Can anyone help me find another? I really love the way my max looks without the shield, but without it 100MPH+ is miserable. PLEASE HELP!!!
:bang head:
Your friendly:)bang head:) neighborhood Yamaha dealer should be able to order one of those for you as they are a genuine Yamaha part. Or you can go to http://nmotion-powersports.com/ and let them know you are a VMOA member(if you are) for the discount. Good luck in getting you Max back into shape!:eusa_dance:

Sit up and take it like a MAN! :rofl_200:

I am hoping you're not under 40 years old... :biglaugh:

Sorry to hear about your uhm... wreck...

I've run a couple of different aftermarket windshields, both of'em made the bike seem unstable at higher, 100+ speeds. a lot of buffeting and such, and also seemed like I lost about 15hp.

I've got the stock yamaha flyscreen now and it's a great compromise, no instability and a little bit of protection.

I still put the big windshield back on for those long trips.

I've run a couple of different aftermarket windshields, both of'em made the bike seem unstable at higher, 100+ speeds. a lot of buffeting and such, and also seemed like I lost about 15hp.

I've got the stock yamaha flyscreen now and it's a great compromise, no instability and a little bit of protection.

I still put the big windshield back on for those long trips.

My Bike does feel like it gained some hp without the windshield. and like i said before i love the way the bike looks without it, But I am in South Texas in the summer time, which equals to way too many bugs of all sizes. I am 41 years old and never ride with a helmet. So right now I guess my options are replace the shield or go back to riding with a fullface, which i cant see doing in the heat we have on a daily basis. I bought my bike on Sep 15 2007 with 24000 miles on it. It presently has 39800. I paid 2950 for it and have done nothing to it, but change oil, filters, tires and ride it. And when I ride it I ride it like I stole it. Right now it is in need of valve adjusting(trying to locate the proper tool) and to repair the cosmetic damage from falling over.

My Bike does feel like it gained some hp without the windshield. and like i said before i love the way the bike looks without it, But I am in South Texas in the summer time, which equals to way too many bugs of all sizes. I am 41 years old and never ride with a helmet. So right now I guess my options are replace the shield or go back to riding with a fullface, which i cant see doing in the heat we have on a daily basis. I bought my bike on Sep 15 2007 with 24000 miles on it. It presently has 39800. I paid 2950 for it and have done nothing to it, but change oil, filters, tires and ride it. And when I ride it I ride it like I stole it. Right now it is in need of valve adjusting(trying to locate the proper tool) and to repair the cosmetic damage from falling over.

I ALWAYS ride with a helmet for a couple of reasons. #1 I want to have a higher % of living when I wreck and #2 because I hate bugs. I ride with a full kit and have in 100?+ and I'm still alive. :biglaugh:

I live in Houston and ride with full leathers 90% of the time and a full face helmet always...I can't tolerate the windnoise without a full face helmet even with a windshield..........and I wear earplugs also......

A helmet has saved my life once in my life, a full blown tank slapper at 140 mph that put me donw on concrete; that was enough to convince me to never go with out it.....

To each his own tho', I realize that it is a personal decision.....

I notice you have an '85 V65, nice bike, that was the one I was on when I went down; but that was before I learned how to set up a front end bearing tension to rid myself of that nasty habit.

If you live close to Houston I have the cam tool you need......

Rusty

Back