Cal. Bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildman98

Reaction score
DOES ANYBODY NO THE DIFF.BETWEEN CAL.BIKE OR REG.VMAX .I DONT NO IF THERE THE SAME OR NOT BESIDES THE CATCH CAN.JUST WONDERING IF THE MOTORS ARE THE SAME? DONT SEE WAY THEY WOULD CHANGE THE MOTOR JUST WONDERING IF ANYBODY HERD OF ANYTHING THANKS BILL:punk:

Prob need to race a vmax see how it runs i sure that will tell me something

I don't know all the differences but the cams are profiled differently, the pipes are smaller, said emission can, and I think jetting. Nothing that can't be changed.

I put holeshot exhaust on and stage 1 kit didnt take can off yet. Still trying to get the wobble out of it 45mph &115mph put fork brace on it didnt help front tire has 2000 miles on it . Its a mettzler 880

I put holeshot exhaust on and stage 1 kit didnt take can off yet. Still trying to get the wobble out of it 45mph &115mph put fork brace on it didnt help front tire has 2000 miles on it . Its a mettzler 880
My feeling on the fork brace is that it helps most with steering precision. With a good brace when you turn the bars going into the corner it follows your input exactly not allowing the forks to twist making the wheel go off your intended line. If may have other effects but I noticed the steering precision the most. Your tire should have plenty of life left unless it wasn't properly inflated and is now damaged.

Looking through parts list's over the years I could never find any difference in the part #'s between vmx12 and vmx12uc's. The only thing I found was the evaporative emissions system. However many people say the cams are different. Maybe somebody in the trades out there really knows and will clarify it for us.

I thought the cam, etc differences were only on the non-US bikes that were limited to 100hp. :confused2:

I thought the cam, etc differences were only on the non-US bikes that were limited to 100hp. :confused2:

I also believe that to be true. Japanese and French bikes are 100hp - no vboost.

AFAIK, the CA bikes have nothing different from the rest of the US other than the added evaporative catch system.

Back