California canister???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98jpvmax

Reaction score
I think i have the California canister? its about 4-5 in long 2in around on the driver side along the frame with hose going up towards the carbs, what is the point of this and use for it? does this mean the motor is detuned at all or just some California emissions crap? does it need to be there?:ummm:

Not de-tuned, just IM stuff.
You can remove it, but make sure you plug up where the hose goes to the carbs.

I think i have the California canister? its about 4-5 in long 2in around on the driver side along the frame with hose going up towards the carbs, what is the point of this and use for it? does this mean the motor is detuned at all or just some California emissions crap? does it need to be there?:ummm:
I believe it's called a fuel vapor return canester.EM control,Just take it off.Won't hert nuthin & I left the tube open on the left front carb too.No problems:biglaugh:

A cow's farts in one day does more damage to the environment that that stupid charcoal canister saves over the life of the bike. Politician BS.

Toss it.

The Cali version also has slightly leaner jetting I believe.

Latest posts

Back