Caliper Compatability for '06 Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjarzt

Reaction score
So, I've spent at least a couple hours reading and re-reading the threads on brake mods. Thanks for all that usefull info. But...

There was very little discussion of using the 6 pot R1 setup. Can anyone comment on how these work and how complicated is installation on an '06 max?

Also, what years R1 calipers are direct bolt-on?

And lastly, why the FJR master rather than the R1?

Thanks in advance,

JJ

So, I've spent at least a couple hours reading and re-reading the threads on brake mods. Thanks for all that usefull info. But...

There was very little discussion of using the 6 pot R1 setup. Can anyone comment on how these work and how complicated is installation on an '06 max?

Also, what years R1 calipers are direct bolt-on?

And lastly, why the FJR master rather than the R1?

Thanks in advance,

JJ

I don't believe the R1 got 6 pot calipers until it went to a radial style caliper. The radial style are harder to mount and you would have to make your own mounting system. The 4 pot R1 calipers are just as good and they bolt right on.
FJR master are used because they have the threaded mirror post built into the master like the stock one does. You can use the R1 master if you want but will have to mount your mirror some other way.

Back