Carb question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedfreke

Reaction score
I have only riden my vmax so I dont have anything to compare to but when I am accelerating through a turn or from a stop light if have like maybe an
1/8 of a throttle turn with no input then it catches and gives your arms a good yank, other than this the bike seems to run good. I have a UFO dragstar system, 147.5 mains, needle shimmed .032" and air fuel mixtures
are out 2.5-3.5 turns. Is this normal or should I be able to smoothly roll on the power without yanking my arms off?

Richard

It was sitting for a while but since then I have had the carbs off to clean and rejet, i also pulled the fuel tank out and had it cleaned and installed a
new fuel filter.

Just though of something. I wonder if I have too much slack in my throttle
cable?

i was going to ask about the throttle cable but figured that was a stupid question. check your carb linkage while pulling the throttle see where it starts to move. that should answer that quick.

+1 Make sure your cable is routed correctly too. If its accelerating while turning, you might have a binding condition.

Also check where the throttle cables go into the throttle grip to make sure that is secured. What type of cables do you have?

I will check the cables this weekend. It does not accel in a turn without my
input. I am running factory cables...at least I am assuming they are factory since I have never changed them.

Richard

Latest posts

Back