carb slide question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tvmax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a couple sets of carbs. One is a stage 7 set. They have the hole in the bottom of the slide drilled slightly larger than stock. What will that do if I put it in my stock carbs with stock needles? Also there are 2 sets of springs. One is longer than the other. Which is stock and what will the stage 7 springs do when installed?

Thanks
Jim N

Stage one and stage seven springs are the same (and shorter then stock).

The slides will work fine in your stock carbs and simply let the midrange open up a bit sooner.

Sean

Same thing, they let the slides react sooner for quicker response. Should work just fine. Some may have problems with the transition going to 3-4K and you may end up swapping back in the stock springs.

Sean

Will the slides interchange in any of the 4 carbs or are they supposed to go in a certian carb? I noticed that the hole drilled in the bottom of the slide is not indexed the same with the tab on the diaphram. Should the drilled hole always go a certian position in the carb? Yes I have all of mine out and didnt note which went where.

Thanks again
Jim

I put in the drilled slides and stage 7 springs. I used stock needles raised .013" with my old Hindle pipe. The needles had spacers ranging from .030" to None. First the bike runs smoother with the needles set the same. I did pick up a stumble where you said I may in the 3-4k range. It is when I whack the throttle. Possible to cure this by raising the needles another .013"?
Sean on your intake kit where does it get the most improvement? Does it hurt the bottom end?

Thanks
Jim

Possible another shim. You may even be able to change the springs and fix it (by delaying the slide opening).

My kit improves the top end while leaving the mid range and low end the same (some get improvements here too but most kits lose these areas).
Sean

Latest posts

Back