carb sync with guages

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cole2757

Reaction score
anyone ever use an emgo carb sync or any one with guages? i bought one cause it was only $64 and after i used it the bike idled rough and had a bit of a stumble. i had the valves barely open to reduce the flutter on the needles and they all read the same. it just didnt run right. so i borrowed a motion pro stick type sync and synced it right up. bike runs good now. so my question is....do guages just not work on the vmaxs unique carbs? i wouldnt think there would be anything wrong with the guages as they are brand new and really a very simple setup.

Local dealer let me barrow his gauge sync tool. But it was also a 300 dollar unit but it worked for me!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I've used a Dale Walker gauge setup with good results, they look very close to the emgo unit. You need to have the in-line air restrictors for it to work properly.

thanks guys. it comes with in line valves. i just opened them enough that they all had the same, small amount of flutter. i havent found any restrictors for it.

I have used the emgo gauges before with success. Not sure if those can be calibrated or not. I recently bought a very nice set of gauges from eBay for about $100. Initial quality was great right out of the box. Connected all hoses to one carb to check calibration and they were spot on.

Attachments

• IMG_00000145.jpg
    IMG_00000145.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 30
I just bought the gauge set from UK on Ebay, the one that says carburetor synchronizer on it. Not sure how good it works, just got it a couple days ago. Haven't figured out what guys mean by making sure restrictors are in the lines? or what the plastic "T"s or the brass tubes are for, although I assume these are for different applications.

I have used the Dale Walker gauge set up for years now it works very well. It took a little bit of time to get used to the restricters and making sure you had them set even.

Back