Carb synchronizing?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
I know there are going to be a number of people coming to Thunder very well equipped to do minor tuning and adjustments on Vmaxes..... Is anyone planning on bringing along a set of carb synch gauges they may allow me to use to get my '85's carbs balanced? I'd really appreciate it if someone could lend me a set for a few minutes sometime when I'm there.

Bill, as part of the tech session at Thunder, Damon and Tyler(?) typically tag team the checking / syncing of Gen1 carbs and do a FANTASTIC job too with the tools they bring !! :clapping: So you should be in good hands !

Bill, as part of the tech session at Thunder, Damon and Tyler(?) typically tag team the checking / syncing of Gen1 carbs and do a FANTASTIC job too with the tools they bring !! :clapping: So you should be in good hands !

Yes, both Damon and Tyler will be doing a carb sync for all during the tech session as usual. They will be using a digital carb sync tool that works great. I myself am going to do my carbs tonight since I have been having several issues with mine lately.

See you guys there!!!

The '85 runs Ok, but it's been a long time since the last time they were synched. I'm probably gonna be embarassed when people see how far off they are! I recall that the last time they were done the bike had a lot more "snap" off idle than before.......

The '85 runs Ok, but it's been a long time since the last time they were synched. I'm probably gonna be embarrassed when people see how far off they are! I recall that the last time they were done the bike had a lot more "snap" off idle than before.......

Yes, nothing better than a good carb sync to make the bike more responsive. I just did mine today in preparation for Thunder. Its like a brand new bike again running full speed ahead. There's no being embarrassed since we are all there to help everyone out. No matter what the condition of your ride, we will always lend a helping hand for sure...

:clapping::punk:

Bill are you planning on meeting me and the guys from Ontario somewhere on Wednesday for the ride down to Thunder ?
We will be stopping in Punxsutawney, PA Wed. night and getting to the Days Inn Thursday around 11-Noon.

Back