carbs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djvmax07

Reaction score
Ok I think I have a stuck float I used seafoam and sprayed carb cleaner down each carb opening and all the little holes on the carbs. now bike will not start and gas is coming out of the right side exhaust?? any help thanks

You can tap on the side of the offending carb and see if that will un stick it.

Are you using the choke to get it started? Even after a shotgun to clean the carbs, they need pretty good amount of choke to start back up,

Ok I think I have a stuck float I used seafoam and sprayed carb cleaner down each carb opening and all the little holes on the carbs. now bike will not start and gas is coming out of the right side exhaust?? any help thanks

Last edited:

If you indiscriminately spray lots of carb cleaner down "all the little holes on the carbs", you can do damage to the coasting enrichener diaphragms, making it very difficult, if not impossible to get the bike to run right - if it'll run at all. (Don't ask me how I found this out) The harsher carb cleaner stuff, in large quantities, could also be harmful to your main slide diaphragms.

IMO, if your carbs are performing this poorly, it is time to pull them off the bike, and go through them thoroughly.

I guess I found out the hard way also. guess I will send them to dannymax

That's a good move, if you don't have the time or knowledge or tools/space to DIY. When you get them back, you will be very happy and surprised how well your bike will run!

Back