Carbtune Xmas present

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marauder03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I received a carbtune for Xmas that a member on here recommended, I’d give him a shout out but can’t remember who it was, sorry. So I proceeded to sync my carbs following the procedure I also found on this site, it was so simple following the instructions. Well I immediately noticed a difference with the throttle response but with the weather I could not take it for a ride for about a week. Got the carbtune before Xmas, anyway finally got a day where I could take it for a spin and cannot believe the difference! It’s a whole new animal, I thought it was running good before but I was wrong. If you haven’t done this then do it! Spend the money on a carbtune it’s worth it, very easy procedure and you won’t be disappointed. Thanks to everyone who posted about this procedure!

Yep. A crisply synched set of carburetors are the missing link lots of issues stem from.

But, in actuality, the synch really only affects idle and/or very low RPM (i.e. off idle) operation. Once the butterflies open up, slight synch deltas don't really matter - and are not detectable.

I did not realize that, thank you. My plan was to set the a/f screws after the sync which is what I read would work best. I have one a/f screw that when I adjust it I can barely hear a difference in idle. I’m thinking of getting a handheld rpm gauge for this. But I figure I should probably do the pea shooter as well. I’m by no means a carb expert so I’m just going by what I’ve been reading. Bike runs and idles well so not trying to create any issues, I just need every hp I can squeeze out of this thing for a smile factor:)

Back