Carbuator questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi
Season is closing In here In Denmark. I am cleaning my carburators and are having some questions:

1. What is the red circled ‘kind of a jet’ called?
2. The Two rubber caps at the end of the Block jet - arent they supposed to sit firm In the holes771C1D84-51B6-4B0A-A40B-7030092306BF.jpegA0C49B96-7F84-4828-8E85-4295B5461633.jpeg
Thanks.

Søren

Attachments

• 9BEBAFFF-3028-429C-91D8-7EFF615C57BA.jpeg
    9BEBAFFF-3028-429C-91D8-7EFF615C57BA.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 15
  • C60776D7-B486-4A62-BADA-E7BDCE9F1DDC.jpeg
    C60776D7-B486-4A62-BADA-E7BDCE9F1DDC.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 14
I believe that jet is called an air bleed jet and the plugs should stay put. If I recall I left so.ething in the carbs to act as a wedge. I've sense then I've installed a dynojet kit

I believe that jet is called an air bleed jet and the plugs should stay put. If I recall I left so.ething in the carbs to act as a wedge. I've sense then I've installed a dynojet kit
If it is a Air bleeder i believe it should be possible to blow Air og cleaner through the Hole, right?

That circled part is actually a component of a dynojet stage seven. Under it will also be a brass sleeve though larger in size. The DJ s7 is designed for pod type filters (or one of our airbox modifications).

Check here for explanation of purge jet #1 (and #2).

https://www.vmaxforum.net/threads/carb-tune.51215/post-515780
You can blow it out, getting carb cleaner is more difficult but an ultrasonic cleaner would do dandy.
That circled part is actually a component of a dynojet stage seven. Under it will also be a brass sleeve though larger in size. The DJ s7 is designed for pod type filters (or one of our airbox modifications).
Okay - how does it look when its stock without the DJ s7 component? It had other pod types when i bought it but it was Way too loud so i bought a stock Air box.

Okay - how does it look when its stock without the DJ s7 component? It had other pod types when i bought it but it was Way too loud so i bought a stock Air box.
Sorry for misinformation, my post had been deleted.

Here’s a picture of the main air jet without the air corrector.

Attachments

• 9D201711-C4A7-4BA3-8B60-BAB2FECB2AA5.jpeg
    9D201711-C4A7-4BA3-8B60-BAB2FECB2AA5.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 31

I see. Is it just pressed Down this air corrector

i guess i need to get that Air corrector out then. Do you know what function this Air corrector has?

Yep, on installation just a bit of glue and then easy press fit.

The air corrector is required when using individual filter pods to restrict air through the main air jet. This air mixed with fuel from the main fuel jet. I think the Morley airbox mod requires them too.

Yep, on installation just a bit of glue and then easy press fit.

The air corrector is required when using individual filter pods to restrict air through the main air jet. This air mixed with fuel from the main fuel jet. I think the Morley airbox mod requires them too.
Any great idea on how to get them out again?

Use any self tapping screw and turn it in a couple turns. Then pullout with a pliers.
Hi again
I’ve have now tried to get it out, both with a tool for getting damaged screws out and also tried på drill In the Hole to see if Got loose.
are you guys sure that it is a component from that DJ S7? Would it be easier på just know the size of the original jet and drill a new Hole In the corrector?

Latest posts

Back