Cardo Scala Rider Q2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

82ndCowboy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and picked up the new Scala Rider Q2 last Saturday from "The Helmet Shop" in Daytona FL.
Walt, The Regional Director bought a set during Bike Week and said they worked really well.
So... being how I was tired of putting my earphones in and then having my helmet knock them out when I put it on, I splurged for the Q2.
The New Scala Rider Q2 is Bluetooth and you can sync it to a GPS and your cell phone at the same time, and communicate with two buddy riders also. AND Listen to FM Radio.

After using it for 3 days now, I found it is an awesome headset. The speakers are thin and small and fit in my shoei very well, but still sounds great. It clamps onto the helmet, so there is no permanent marking of the helmet. The module itself is easily removable and comes with a carry pouch.
The sound is very good, but the automatic volume controls that kicks in just goes to the loudest setting, but it's not ear pounding loud.
I went to Cardo's support and they show that that problem has been fixed in the new revision.
So I sent them an email asking them what my options are for getting the new revision.
(I'll update when I hear from them)
If they don't give me an upgrade I'm returning this one and then I'll buy the new revised Q2.

All in all I love this headset. It's small and compact, you can take it off your helmet in a flash. The two control buttons are very easy to use even while riding with gloves. And the voice command works flawlessly with my Bluetooth cell phone.

I haven't been able to test the rider to rider communications, maybe in the future when I find someone else who has one. But I mainly bought it for the phone and FM radio. I hate having to stop and take off my helmet to answer my phone. Plus sitting in traffic in the morning with out being able to listen to The Monsters In The Mourning, would unleash the road rage beast that lurks within me.

Can you wear it with earplugs? I use helmet speakers now and love them because I can wear earplugs to help reduce the wind noise.

I just plug them into my GPS which is also an MP# player which I can link to my Iphone via bluetooth.:thumbs up:

Something like this would be great.

Yeah, the speakers are really thin and mount with Velcro inside. I didn't need the Velcro in my helmet, because the back of the speakers with the hook side of the Velcro stick to my liner in the helmet.
So yes you could wear earplugs with it, although the volume might not be loud enough with earplugs in.

Back