Cell Phones

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Newer RC cars don't seem nearly as durable as they used to be. A couple summers ago I bout a Traxxas stampede electric version. Had lots of power, but damn was it tempermental. If you got so much as near a puddle the ESC would shit all over itself and not work for a day or two. Took it off a small jump, it got maybe 2 or 3 inches of air. When it came down the back two wheels literally blew off it. Rolled it over, the front castor blocks busted. After 2 weeks the motor burnt out. I've seen lace doilies more durable than that thing.

Meanwhile I have an old radio shack RC that looks like a YZ450 quad(with 4x4). It's been totally submerged countless times, literally driven off a roof, driven regularly on a sandy beach, ect. It still works perfectly, other than the battery pack(originally took a 7.2 but modified the tray to take a 8.4) is old and doesn't hold charge well. I finally scrapped the traxxas about a month after I bought it, gave the electronics to my father who put them in a model boat.

I've also got an ancient dune buggy one that runs on 8 AA's. Thought about converting it to a 12v lead-acid pack, otherwise it still works. It was from radio shack too, think I got it when I was 5.

I havent had any problems yet, but I hear the brushless setup is an issue if you get it soaked. I had the brushed version too that was rock solid. I havent done much with the brushless erevo yet. Hope to get it down to the beach to run on the dunes.

:bang head:bring up the old phone thread:damn angry: My blackberry just crapped ot again, pure junk. T-mobile will give me a Motorola Cliq for $100 plus $20 for data plan, any body have any experience with the Cliq? I will never buy a Blackberry again.

Really? WOW we probably have 50 BB's at work for our sales force and other than dropping them in a toilet or something stupid, they've been great. My wife and bro have one as well. Curve and Bold.

Not sure on the Cliq. Anything with Android is your best bet IMO.

Chris

Really? WOW we probably have 50 BB's at work for our sales force and other than dropping them in a toilet or something stupid, they've been great. My wife and bro have one as well. Curve and Bold.

Not sure on the Cliq. Anything with Android is your best bet IMO.

Chris

It''s the BB Flip, they sold them for less than a year which tells me right there that they are junk. Pretty much turned me off to BB forever.

That's too bad... They're good phones actually.

When it works i like it, but it craps out like clock work after 3 months. Did a search, it's such a pile people are talking about getting a class action law suit going. Just ordered a Cliq XT.

Yeah, I heard the flip-phone BB's were total trash. Give a different model a try, the Storm touchscreen ones are really sharp.

I like the new Android OS, but honestly I really don't have a need for a "smartphone". I use my phone to make calls and every so often send text messages. That's it. I don't use facebook, couldn't care less about twitter, and don't need to surf the internet anytime anywhere.

Yeah, I heard the flip-phone BB's were total trash. Give a different model a try, the Storm touchscreen ones are really sharp.

I like the new Android OS, but honestly I really don't have a need for a "smartphone". I use my phone to make calls and every so often send text messages. That's it. I don't use facebook, couldn't care less about twitter, and don't need to surf the internet anytime anywhere.

I can log into our current system at work and write an order or check stock with my iPhone as well as get 6 different email accounts to it, listen to my XM, Pandora, and the 11 days (play time) of iTunes I have on it. Watch movies, play games (I'm not a game player) and a whole host of things.

I AM addicted to it. I use it seldom for the phone. I text and email like mad though.

Nope, done with BB's, only need to be screwed once to learn my lesson. I don't "need" a smart phone eithe, I want one. Should be here Saturday.

Back