Chain Conversion Vibrations

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lo_key

Reaction score
I've got a 92 Max with a MAD MAX chain conversion on it that has developed a wicked vibration in the crank case. I think it is the Bearing but I am not sure and I don't want to tear the whole thing apart if I am wrong. Anybody ever have this problem and know an easy solution?

I would call MAD MAX since he would be best with this problem\

I would think he would know best along with free service since you soent the money

wouldn't surprise me. The chain drive setups do not last long before they need reconditioned.

Sean

wouldn't surprise me. The chain drive setups do not last long before they need reconditioned.

Sean

My friends PCW chain drive conversion had some issues with the parts where the middle gear used to be in the first 1000 miles, something loose, vibrating and leaking oil; not sure what he did to fix it but he's not terribly handy, did whatever they said to do over the phone without spending much money and since then it's gone 6000 miles without any issues...

I'd definitely call PCW even if you bought the bike already converted as I'm sure they are not really wanting bikes out there giving them a bad rep because all in all they do pretty decent work, I've never heard much problems with there stuff except for the above and a short period when they were dropping cylinder liners due to QC/ poor fitment......

Back