chain drive conversion

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandy klock

Reaction score
Greetings; Does any one have or know of a site with good photos of a chain drive? Mostly concerned with the cases. thanks sandy

Here is one: It's for sale too - lol! 1570 case ready for assembly with trans. I do also have a complete 1500 chaindrive engine for sale.

Sean

Attachments

• 1570_Chain_Drive_1.jpg
    1570_Chain_Drive_1.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 198
  • 1570_Chain_Drive_2.jpg
    1570_Chain_Drive_2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 160
pcw on this particular one, I have a new type we are working on but requires some other work (but the block isn't hacked up). HuberJ I think has pics of the new setup.

Sean

Here is one: It's for sale too - lol! 1570 case ready for assembly with trans. I do also have a complete 1500 chaindrive engine for sale.

Sean

Correct me if I am wrong but 2 questions here..

Change Sprocket Size = Split Cases.
Worn Teeth on Sprocket = Split Cases.

If thats the case,, pretty much sucks ass, my luck I would get a defect sprocket and it would break a tooth the first pass down the track..

I'm not sure you actually need to split it change. I know they used to have it that way but not sure now. This one may or may not be able to be slipped off when you pull out the outer support bearing.

The other setup we have has the splines for the gear on the outside of the block for easier changing. But you either have to rework the frame section or use an offset sprocket to deal with the frame. But, the block is unmolested and the outer bearing is actually properly lubricated.

Sean

Attachments

• New_Chain_Drive_Conversion.jpg
    New_Chain_Drive_Conversion.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 124
Sean; Hope to make UFO drags again this year. Great meeting everyone. I'm more interested in my own motor than buying another. Plus I don't want a big cc and all the asociated problems. I would like to see how they are done. I guess you can only use a small sprocket in front. A vmaxer was going to help but he is very busy. NO relation to klockworks, but might be related to klocklazy. send more pics or web sites if you run accross any. THANKS

Correct me if I am wrong but 2 questions here..

Change Sprocket Size = Split Cases.
Worn Teeth on Sprocket = Split Cases.

If thats the case,, pretty much sucks ass, my luck I would get a defect sprocket and it would break a tooth the first pass down the track..

We index cut the side of the cases so it does just slide off. By doing that we can use two different size sprockets up front. I think PCW changed there set up awhile back as well. I know there older set-up you had to split the cases.

Regards
Tom
Cycle One-off Inc.
P.O. Box 15415
Rochester, NY 14615
Order by phone toll free 1(866) 238-5450

[email protected]
www.cycleoneoff.com

Latest posts

Back