Clean up tail light/signal area

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1badmax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't been on here long and just got my 16 Max last Monday. I am wanting to try and go with a LED all in one taillight, signal and brake and get rid all the stuff back there now. I have a Blaster X on my 14 Raider that has all of the features that I mentioned incorporated in one. What is out there for the Max, pictures would really help also? Thanks in advance!😎

I've got one from Amazon, not too expensive. Can share the link.
I removed the Fender, put this one in instead:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XB3ZM84/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Made my own bracket to mount it to the Bike.

I have this License Plate Holder:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N8J87YW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1Has a Brake Flasher included.

But currently making my own involving Acrylic Sheets, Arduino and programmable LED Strips.

I got this from Sean Morley email [email protected] came with bracket, integrated smoked tail light, and mounting hardware. All I did was paint the tag bracket black.

Attachments

• Snapchat-788314035.jpg
    Snapchat-788314035.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 73
Everything you need is right here being sold by a member: Gen II PERFORMANCE PARTS Sell off

Very good deal too.
I saw this but thought it looked like signal bars on each side of the frame? Was wanting all in one in the tail light itself. I cannot quite see the one on your bike, is it the same as this one for sale? Also the one that Sean Morley sells looks like the one I am looking for. Thx.

I saw this but thought it looked like signal bars on each side of the frame? Was wanting all in one in the tail light itself. I cannot quite see the one on your bike, is it the same as this one for sale? Also the one that Sean Morley sells looks like the one I am looking for. Thx.

I have an all in one (integreated) taillight yes. I bought it on Ebay years ago you can still find them there. You still need a plate mount, there are several available on Ebay as well with and without mounting holes for turn signals.

The NoMar in the ad is a real well-made piece but it's not cheap.

I have an all in one (integrated) taillight yes. I bought it on Ebay years ago you can still find them there. You still need a plate mount, there are several available on Ebay as well with and without mounting holes for turn signals.

The NoMar in the ad is a real well-made piece but it's not cheap.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...kw=yamaha+vmax+integrated+taillight&_osacat=0
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...kw=yamaha+vmax+integrated+taillight&_osacat=0
And to avoid having to splice into the turnsignal wiring you probably want these (although I've never used them).

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...=yamaha+turn+signal+wire+connectors&_osacat=0

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up man! Yeah basically what I am looking for as I was on my Raider with the Blaster X, I went with a side mount tag on it. Think I want to stay with tag under taillight on VMax. Sorry wasn't sure what you meant by NoMar in the ad. Thank ya much!

I used the tag bracket, BUT I made my own bracket to fit it to the bike, so would be easier to get the tag bracket from eBay.

I 3D printed it in PETG and it is on the bike for some month already.... for me it works.

Cannot upload a video, but the taillight has the turn signals integrated.

On below picture it looks the whole taillight is lit, but this is not the case, just the left side

20200824_053541.jpg20200824_053557.gif

Like the looks of the set up. The only part that would rather not have is the signal bars on each side. I like it to all come the the taillight itself. Nice lookin set up!

I'm working on it. Currently cutting something which goes underneath the Licenseplate, having the Turn Signals included. Working on different versions, not sure yet which I will like most.
The base is Plexiglas (painted black), a middlelayer / spacer and a layer of clear Plexiglass which I will either sand or paint to 'diffuse' it. At the top of it, I will have a strip of LEDs used for turn signals and brake / running light. The ones I plan to put in left and right, same.

Just need to think how to realize the Hazard lights as this would mean to have the Arduino always powered. But could have a timer implemented, waits i.e. 60s, if no Hazardslights activated, kills its power by switching a relay.

do you think having turn signals in the rear light might confuse other road users in which way you are turning being as they are so close to the middle of the bike, from a distance is it obvious which way you are indicating,
just curious :)

IMHO I don't feel 4"-5" is going to make a difference. I know a bike taillight is very small to start with but on my Blaster X on the Raider it is a VERY bright LED all in one. If you think most cars and trucks even though there taillights are larger the signal is still not that far away and people still miss that. I understand it is still maybe more chancing it having them all in one. But I just got hit about a month ago turning left in front of a guy who was coming from the left and turned into me while making my turn even after he had stopped completely. My signal was on, regular lolypop front signal and he didn't see me at all. Fortunately I have been on a bike for over fifty years and experience kept me from going down although there was minor damage done to the bike and even more to his front plastic bumper. I also did not put a relay to slow the signal at normal speed. I like the fast flash because I feel it may get their attention more or quicker. Just my take on this. Thx!

20200825_111922.jpg20200825_111928.jpg

First Prototype of the Housing. Will stash all electronics under the Passengers Seat Section

Is it plug and play or did you have to splice any wires for signals? Thx

Had to cut and splice the signal connectors. I cut them off the signals that were on the bike, so I didn't cut into the harness on the bike. I'll buy replacement signal lights if I have to. Solder, and heat shrink. No worries about corrosion. Taped up, and covered with plastic loom. It's all buried in behind the inner fender so you'll never see it. But it still looks factory. LED relay to stop the "hyper flash".

Back