Clunk idle with clutch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jby1999

Reaction score
After finding a bearing retainer cap doing oil change last year. I've been very hesitant to ride the beast. It's been 40-75 here in Pa have klotz 20/50 in her. Havnt had any problems but heard slop by left foot. Pulled into parking lot rolled bike front back letting clutch out briskly with idle but not enough to stall. Hear a loud clunk either inside cover or by driveshaft output. Now coupledays ago I nailed it a few times king up my hill to my driveway and it or I missed 3rd went into neutral?? I'm debating continuing paying insurance on this and parking it till I can tear her apart. Any thoughts or ideas. I also have the bearing retainer in a cup somewhere. Is there anyway to measure it up with pictures and find out where in the motor it came from? Also how
Much is a rebuild I know a guy has a video to disassemble and assemble the vmax. I have most if not all the tools minus honing items. I'm guessing do rings valves bearing gaskets + repairs any thought on cost of parts and time required to do this? This would be my first bike motor/tranny I've worked on. I've done 2 cycle motors with eyes closed and car tractor motors. Just Havnt dove past the service manual or have someone do
It for 3,000$. Please get back to me

Latest posts

Back