Clutch and brake levers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your best bet would be to buy Hayabusa master cylinders and the levers. I think that would be cheaper that cutting/welding/chroming the levers to our levers.

PM me if you want some custom cut levers, I do CAD work and we have some HAAS CNC machines, so we could get it done here. But not for cheap.

Same ones Exactrep sells off their handlebar and footrest page:

http://www.exactrep.com/acatalog/index.html

Good bunch of folks to deal with too!

97f5_1.JPG

There is a guy on ebayuk that sells these for the vmax. The seller is billet_brain.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Billet-Levers...31?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item4cf43fbe7b

Your best bet would be to buy Hayabusa master cylinders and the levers. I think that would be cheaper that cutting/welding/chroming the levers to our levers.

PM me if you want some custom cut levers, I do CAD work and we have some HAAS CNC machines, so we could get it done here. But not for cheap.

If anyone wants a busa front brake master i have one for grabs. It has a 14mm bore with adjustable lever. Comes with brake light switch and banjo. Busas have a square, built in reservoir, not remote. No boss for a mirror though.

Another note on vmax specific levers. Check out http://www.billetbikebits.co.uk/

They have some nice billet levers, same as the ones I posted from ebay but you can buy direct. I have purchased some other parts from this company and they are very nice products, shipping was reasonable and quick even for coming from the UK and Roy was easy to get in touch with. Good vendor

I'm not so concerned with cost but I want the Blade style even if I have to buy a set of both new Vmax and a set of the blades for the hayabusa and cut and weld them then have them rechromed

To have a wider selection of levers it would be best to just change M/C's. R1 or similar and you can find any lever you would ever want. Hell, 'Busa M/Cs would probably work fine on the Max.

For comfort I like the rounded levers best. My hand span fits the stockers OK so I really don' t have a burning need to lessen the lever reach distance, plus it makes replacements easy. No "bling factor," but so-what, and I don't have to go to bar end mirrors because of losing the mirror mounting boss. I use the narrower profile on occasion in stop & go traffic.

and I don't have to go to bar end mirrors because of losing the mirror mounting boss. I use the narrower profile on occasion in stop & go traffic.
I didn't lose the ability to mount mirrors in the traditional location. I could twist on some if I desired, but I've elected to use bar end mirrors simply based on a matter of preference.

'Busa M/Cs would probably work fine on the Max.

I've got an '08 Busa front brake master if anyone is interested. 14mm bore. Good shape and complete with brake switch. It has a silver lever.

IMO the reservoir and lever are on too much of an angle. It will work but it doesn't "look" quite right unless you had a pair.

Photos availabe to anyone interested.

Also have a 14mm clutch master from a concours. This one looks just like the FJR unit. Drilled and tapped for a mirror, comes with an OEM plug to cover the hole (I'm running bar ends mirrors). This one needs a clutch switch.

These are exactly what I'm looking for but I guess now my issue is gonna be that I have chrome stock M/C's and I'm gonna have to find compatable FJR MC's and have them chromed. This looks like a project for next winter when my bikes torn down again when I'm having my custom blade forward controls made. Then the F/C's I have now will go up for sale but I gotta ship my current F/C's to Florida so they can make the custom controls fit my Vmax. Guess I'm not gonna be finished with this bike for a what looks like a few more years and about another 5-10 grand! But when it's done I'm hoping it's one of the nicer Vmax's ever built. What the hell, I'd never ever sell it now anyway. I'd probably just get pissed if someone offered to buy it cause I passed the point of senseability a while ago. Oh well, don't care, it's worth it to me. If I could only talk the wife into letting me get a gen2 but I'd just do the same to that. I kinda have to keep with Vmax's since I named my son after it. Thanks, Ed✨

T...What the hell, I'd never ever sell it now anyway. I'd probably just get pissed if someone offered to buy it cause I passed the point of senseability a while ago. Oh well, don't care, it's worth it to me. If I could only talk the wife into letting me get a gen2 but I'd just do the same to that. I kinda have to keep with Vmax's since I named my son after it. Thanks, Ed✨

+1. I haven't devoted as much time and materials as you have and there is absolutely no way mine can hold a candle to yours, but, the Monkey, too, has led me pass the expectation of being able to sell my the time and money that I have invested. Same here, don't care. It's the journey not the destination.

Back