Clutch " Engine Chug? "

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srx2002

Reaction score
I gotta weird problem, I noticed today that when I slowly let the clutch out on my 06 ( without giving it much gas ) that the Engine almost like " Chugs and jolts forward " until fully let out. This is the first time I noticed this..and I only noticed that my friends 85 doesn't do it at all?????

P.S I don't do burn outs, I don't misuse it. and 2900 km's on the bike. NOT synthetic motor oil either.

Any ideas????

Is there any chance that when you are normally engaging the clutch that you are slipping it a bit?

From what I remember, if you really want to test the clutch for wear (aside from visiual inspection) is to fire it up, put it in fith and let the clutch out. If she pretty much stalls on the spot, the clutch is in good shape. If is slips a bit or lurches and then stalles, you might be looking at a worn clutch for whatever reason.

Give that a try (or hopefully someone experienced will speak up) and from there more options/opinions will arise.

hello all ,i also have an 06 with 3000 miles on the clock. i have what you might call clutch chatter if the engine is lugged to low when i start from a stop in first gear. its no problem all i have to do is give it a little more rpm when i start off and theres no sign of the chatter, engagement is smooth and predictable. i also noticed a smooth clutch engagement with the hand helps . i run honda HP4 synthetic blend 10 w 40 wt. no slipping ,engine starts to life when cold or hot in less than 1 revolution of rpm when starter button is pressed. best to you all buckridge

Latest posts

Back