clutch problems

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

williamwallace760

Reaction score
well the same old problem but i took cover off brake resover,and pulled in clutch lever a stream of brake fluid shot out the clutch reversor 2020 vmax rode it first and when i got home the clutch wont work try and shift engine dies new name pee pew rides again

oh where oh where has my little doggy gone what do those numbers on clutch lever do like 12345

If you mean the numbers on the knurled disc, example below is xjr1300, they are for adjusting clutch reach (how far the lever sits from the handlebars)
Screenshot_20210616-084832.jpg

Why wouldn't a 2020 not be covered under the factory warranty? Let the dealership fix it. Matter of fact, they might say, "you tampered with it, we won't warranty your mistakes!"

The fact you saw a geyser of brake fluid, suggests to me that the master cylinder is working normally. What is the level of resistance? In this case, to mis-quote The Borg, "resistance is not-futile." If you have a normal amount of resistance and the bike can roll with it in-gear and the clutch pulled-in, that appears to show the clutch is working. This is a Gen. 1 but the function is the same, this is doing a reverse-bleed, but with the bleeder closed, a pull of the clutch lever should produce a geyser.

VMax clutch bleed.02 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Why wouldn't a 2020 not be covered under the factory warranty? Let the dealership fix it. Matter of fact, they might say, "you tampered with it, we won't warranty your mistakes!"

The fact you saw a geyser of brake fluid, suggests to me that the master cylinder is working normally. What is the level of resistance? In this case, to mis-quote The Borg, "resistance is not-futile." If you have a normal amount of resistance and the bike can roll with it in-gear and the clutch pulled-in, that appears to show the clutch is working. This is a Gen. 1 but the function is the same, this is doing a reverse-bleed, but with the bleeder closed, a pull of the clutch lever should produce a geyser.

View attachment 77603

Agree, my stockers did that. Completely normal.

Mark

Latest posts

Back