Clutch Slave Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikedave99

Reaction score
So, I walked out of the office a couple weeks ago to find no resistance in my clutch lever. So, I fired it up, waddled it to walking speed, clunked it into first and had a very interesting 20 mile ride home. I managed to only piss off one person rolling through a stop sign.

Anyway, I had no fluid in my reservoir so I pulled the slave and found that one of my banjo bolt washer was deformed badly and I suspect it has finally started leaking. I have ordered new washers but I wanted to make sure it wasn't the slave cylinder leaking so without bolting it back to the engine, I flipped the washers around to try and get some fresh surface to seal with and bolted the banjo on. I then add fresh fluid and pumped the leer to see if it would leak at the cylinder. I wasn't paying attention and managed to allow the cylinder to move beyond its normal range and fluid starting pouring out of it. Have I damaged it or did I just push the piston beyond the bore and allow the fluid out. I bolted the slave cylinder back onto the bike and bled the system. It is now holding pressure well and not leaking as far as I can tell. I have ordered the new washers and a new gasket for that cover I had to pull. I just don't want to have to pull everything back off again just to rebuild the slave. I dunno... thoughts?

As long as the seals weren't damaged as they made their way out you should be OK.

One the to watch for is that the hexagonal extension piece is fully tight.

I know of at least one plonker who bought a slave cylinder re-build kit only to find it was a loose extension that was causing the leak!

DOH!

As long as the seals weren't damaged as they made their way out you should be OK.

One the to watch for is that the hexagonal extension piece is fully tight.

I know of at least one plonker who bought a slave cylinder re-build kit only to find it was a loose extension that was causing the leak!

DOH!

Thanks for the thoughts midnight, that is kinda what inwas thinking just wanted to bounce it off the sounding board. My hex extension piece is definitely tight!

Latest posts

Back