Clutch slippage

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firewrench

Reaction score
1985 Max, been sitting about a year. New clutch, clutch mstr cyl, (sight glass was missing), dis-assembled and cleaned slave cylinder, bled and bled till I got good actuation. When riding the clutch lever gets higher and higher till she starts slipping in 5th gradually getting worse on the ride home from work till its slipping in all gears that last mile or so. I've cracked the bleeder and have residual pressure in the slave at that point. I'm thinking I may have a bad line. Where do I get a ss line with fittings (russell, goodridge, galfer) with fittings by application. I don't want to get too short of a line the first time and measuring with a tape outside the bike, I come up with close to 60 inches (which is the longest I've seen for sale) Anybody have a line off a bike that can measure the overall length for me?
Thanks
Firewrench:ummm:

1985 Max, been sitting about a year. New clutch, clutch mstr cyl, (sight glass was missing), dis-assembled and cleaned slave cylinder, bled and bled till I got good actuation. When riding the clutch lever gets higher and higher till she starts slipping in 5th gradually getting worse on the ride home from work till its slipping in all gears that last mile or so. I've cracked the bleeder and have residual pressure in the slave at that point. I'm thinking I may have a bad line. Where do I get a ss line with fittings (russell, goodridge, galfer) with fittings by application. I don't want to get too short of a line the first time and measuring with a tape outside the bike, I come up with close to 60 inches (which is the longest I've seen for sale) Anybody have a line off a bike that can measure the overall length for me?
Thanks

www.whitebuffaloracing.com is a great place. Call and talk to Mike. Galfer makes a line that's bolt on for the Max. I have one on mine. Multi colors to choose from as well. I went black.

As for the building of pressure... :confused2:

Oh and:welcome_sign:

Thanks

Firewrench, if the line replacement doesn't work I would look at replacing the slave cylinder seals or even replacing the whole slave cylinder.

Thanks for the info. I ordered a clutch line from the White Buffalo guys and a slave cyl kit from Yamaha. Shotgun approach, all new, should fix it more better than good.

Latest posts

Back