CNC mill HASS

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You just need someone to order parts and then ship to you?

I don't have an account or anything but im sure I could get parts through their dealer network.
I don't know shit about cnc machines though.

I am willing to assist

I need the gearing for spindle. The HASS model Im using has 2 gears - low and high gear. 1st gear is totaly out and Im running on 2nd gear which has not much live left.

I need someone to order the parts for me and reship. Shoulda be easy.
But please dont tell them you need to reship the parts to another country...they have dealers in EU and geting the parts from them is a robbery.

I would need to get supr gears for 1st and 2nd gear - I can handle the rest.
The second question for HASS service would be - what bearings are placed on axle for those spur gears? If those are IMPERIAL bearings I would need to get those bearings as well. I bealive it would be PITA to get IMPERIAL bearings here.

ID plate from machine:

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7168/p1070922e.jpg

I can make a few calls as well... give me a fes minutes and I'll see what I can come up with.

Update:

I have a call into a guy... and left a message... we'll see what he comes back with. Does the faceplate on the machine say Model 1 ?

Update #2:

He called me back and not good news. He said this was a 50 taper transmission (not 40) and you have to buy the whole motor/transmission as a unit. We can just by the gears and bearings. He thought the transmission would be a ZF, but Haas will not give your (or sell you) part numbers for individual gears/bearings. And the lump sum fpr the motor/trans is going to be around $5,000 to $6,000

He is going to get me a hard quote tomorrow, but sounds a little pricy to me. Let me now what you would like me to do. I can get it on order and shipped to you if you would like.

Jeff

Why don't you order the gears from another machinist? Are they complex? I believe they can be copied and hardened to specs and probably will be cheaper than buying them from haas...

I can make a few calls as well... give me a fes minutes and I'll see what I can come up with.

Update:

I have a call into a guy... and left a message... we'll see what he comes back with. Does the faceplate on the machine say Model 1 ?

Update #2:

He called me back and not good news. He said this was a 50 taper transmission (not 40) and you have to buy the whole motor/transmission as a unit. We cant just by the gears and bearings. He thought the transmission would be a ZF, but Haas will not give your (or sell you) part numbers for individual gears/bearings. And the lump sum fpr the motor/trans is going to be around $5,000 to $6,000

He is going to get me a hard quote tomorrow, but sounds a little pricy to me. Let me now what you would like me to do. I can get it on order and shipped to you if you would like.

Jeff
Oh, thats dont sounds good. I cant accept that.
Thx for you tryings.

I can buy the transmission here for 30% of that.

Why don't you order the gears from another machinist? Are they complex? I believe they can be copied and hardened to specs and probably will be cheaper than buying them from haas...

Of course, I can even do it with my own hands but, that machine is working 24/7 so I was trying to get the spares before disassembling.

Well, I got an update and the unit will be $5500 and once you send your transmission back to them, they will give you 50% back so your final cost would be $2,750 (plus the shipping).

Not sure if this helps or not, but I thought I would let you know.

Thanks,

Jeff

At the end thx for your effort - I must do it myself.
HASS is a very specific company, they dont have spares availbe just like that.

And this is the way they loosing thier customers - this is the last HASS machine
I wanted...

Latest posts

Back