Color choice-Help?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
I'm going to paint my bike, or have it done actually.
I've got a new Fatmax Fender and Belly pan to paint.
I'm also expecting my new Sportbike style tank cover in which is the real reason I'm pursuing this, i just picked up the front fender and belly pan to add to it since I'm paying for paint anyway.
my original carbon fiber all looks like hell and the sporttail has never matched.
The sporttail hasn't been painted since It went on the bike and it was already black.

Black is out, and so is blue, green, purple, I'm wanting something very flashy but still tasteful

Any opinions on some shade of Deep/Burnt Orange with a little pearl or candy in it? Kind of the color that went on a few Vettes and 350Z's in the last few years...

Or just a straight up Candy apple Burgandy, not a bright red?

Or some Burgandy or Wine color with some tasteful metalflake in it??

Including a couple of pictures of what the bike looks like now and of the new tank cover..

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Sport bike tank cover.jpg
    Sport bike tank cover.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 41
I've always liked candy colors, espically red. I think it looks sweet on my snowmobile, much better than the "Yamaha blue" or matte black that were the other color options. It's a lot shinier and redder than the photo appears...taken with an old 2mp digital camera. You also can't see the metal flake.

Guess it depends what you're looking for, I think this color would look nice, espically if you include the black racing stripes like on the hood.
IMG_0006-2.jpg

here are a few random pictures of my bike that's painted with a similar color as discussed above. It also has very dark burgandy racing stripes on the tank and very dark burgandy "splatter" effect to it. It looks pretty neat but if I had to repaint it I'd probably choose a gunmetal grey color

Attachments

• IMG00510.jpeg
    IMG00510.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG00599.jpeg
    IMG00599.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 29
  • user2305_pic1451_1243436807.jpg
    user2305_pic1451_1243436807.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 37
That candy red is popp'n. Heres a pic of mine, its a bright red almost a 'plastic' look. Code is from the Chrysler viper/stealth.
I'd try looking through some webs for like colors on Vmaxes for an idea.
My thoughts are that since its a "muscle bike" its narrowed down to a group of colors that work. look back at bad ass cars through the years, cuda's, camero's, mustang's. So black (of course) bright reds, hugger orange, canary yellows...

Attachments

• Picture 1007a.jpg
    Picture 1007a.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 34
:punk:Hey,I think Blue Metal Flake and Chrome go well together. Reds are also nice too. I'm sure this was no help. Good Luck, Spur

Attachments

• DSCN8602.jpg
    DSCN8602.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCN6469.jpg
    DSCN6469.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 33
Thanks for the ideas guys....

Hugger Orange and Canary Yellow were also a couple of colors I had in mind as well, although I think I'd put some pearl into eitherone of those as well.

No offense on the blue Spursmech, I had a IROC blue V65 and it looked pretty good, I'm just wanting somehting that really jumps out at you this time.

:ummm:Hey Rusty, no offense taken. I'm color blind and orange is a color I don't see well, along with several others . Your wifes car looks good, is that the color you're going for? I think Kozy has a Hemi Orange colored bike. Post some pictures when you're done. Thanks, Spur

:ummm:Hey Rusty, no offense taken. I'm color blind and orange is a color I don't see well, along with several others . Your wifes car looks good, is that the color you're going for? I think Kozy has a Hemi Orange colored bike. Post some pictures when you're done. Thanks, Spur

Correct you are sir. I originally wanted to go with Hemi Orange and black....but once I got finished it didn't really stand out as much as I think the orange and chrome will. This year I'll be adding more chrome to the bike in mass quantities to make it stand out. Plus I'll have a garage to keep it cleaned and inside of!

:punk:Hey,I think Blue Metal Flake and Chrome go well together. Reds are also nice too. I'm sure this was no help. Good Luck, Spur

Really nice work on your max, Spur! I prefer the blue you have to the reds...

Nine is Orange and I hate it, hugger, competition, hemi, call it waht ever, not really sure, but i hate it. Look for Candy Brandy Wine, its awesome

My bike is Competition Orange by Ford.

Cobra's had that color, as did other Mustangs from 2003 and on.

Check out my profile pic and such. I don't want everyone to have it...But it is a nice alternative to the norm.

Brian

I will try & see if I can find a picture of a custom Harley I painted orange with a white pearl overlay with red flames sounds funny but looked good. I would be willint to paint another one pretty reasonablr only thing is I am not in Texas any more.

Orange metallic & flames ?

Attachments

• Bee King 1 Hendrix.jpg
    Bee King 1 Hendrix.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Bee King 2 Hendrix.jpg
    Bee King 2 Hendrix.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 14
Back