Color Match

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had the paint fall off my 85's engine so many times, there probably isn't a square inch of the cylinder heads that haven't been repainted. Some times rattle can, even a bit of brush painting in spots. I did use black paint every time, though...

I'd love to get the motor powder coated but I'm NOT pulling it till the damn bike won't go any more.....

I'm not sure powder coating would work on that engine, wouldn't the area around the exhaust ports get too hot and burn off the coating?

I've had the paint fall off my 85's engine so many times, there probably isn't a square inch of the cylinder heads that haven't been repainted. Some times rattle can, even a bit of brush painting in spots. I did use black paint every time, though...

I'd love to get the motor powder coated but I'm NOT pulling it till the damn bike won't go any more.....

I'm not sure powder coating would work on that engine, wouldn't the area around the exhaust ports get too hot and burn off the coating?

not sure, but 400? i believe is that point.

you can powdercoat mufflers tho.

Back