Concealed carry w/o permit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like concealed carry and have done it with a license for over 25 years. Not sure I like the idea of just anybody doing it though. No training would be dangerous IMO.

I like concealed carry and have done it with a license for over 25 years. Not sure I like the idea of just anybody doing it though. No training would be dangerous IMO.

Since you are former military I am guessing you were exempted from the FL CCW permit class. The class is a joke, a permit is only a means of adding your fingerprints to a database and flagging you as a gun owner imo. Requiring a permit would lead you to believe some sort of appropriate training is taking place but in reality I think it has missed the mark. In the end if you know which end the projectile comes out, you pass.

Since you are former military I am guessing you were exempted from the FL CCW permit class. The class is a joke, a permit is only a means of adding your fingerprints to a database and flagging you as a gun owner imo. Requiring a permit would lead you to believe some sort of appropriate training is taking place but in reality I think it has missed the mark. In the end if you know which end the projectile comes out, you pass.

They dont even ask about training here, just go in w/your ID and pass them the money. This locality is all about money grabs.

I liken gun ownership/carry to smoking weed, those that choose to do it will do it regardless of the law or public opinion. It's just nice to see gun laws, local or natl, move in a direction other than more regulation/banning.

I'm all for proper training before you are allowed to carry. A 50 state license makes sense too.
Military, police academy, or NRA certified instructor will do. I don't care to have the responsibility without my choice of weapon, nor care to obey the fucked up regulations in Massachusetts for semi autos. But those that do, should have their opportunity without too many hoops to jump through. Thanks to ass wipes like head sub human Elizabeth Warren, bad guys out gun us now. Bad guy with high capacity semi auto, or good guy with limited capacity weapon? No mean looking black rifles allowed here anymore either. Flame throwers aren't banned...lol. Just fucked! Rant done.

Missouri recently passed something similar and eliminated the previous requirements for a conceal carry permit. I'm personally not a fan of that decision. It's going to effect reciprocity for Missouri gun owners. I went through the requirements several years ago when I got mine. I remember an elderly lady in the class who couldn't hit the target at all. She was hitting the floor a couple of feet in front of the target. She also had no idea about what we consider safety 101 in regards to firearm handling. Not only is the class helpful for those who have never been around firearms, but I think it was helpful that we at least got a basic explanation of what all happens legally if you have to use your firearm in self defense.

Arizona is CCW without a permit for several years now. Open carry as well. I don't see any problems. I have Arizona and Utah permits which means I can carry concealed in about 36 states.
I would carry concealed even if it wasn't 'allowed.' I always say, 'If there's no trouble, there's no trouble (with carrying).

California has......oh fuck it.I want to move to Texas or Idaho,Arizona or maybe the state of my birth... South Dakota. I'm so tire;d of this BS state, but my wife (of 45 years) wants to be close to the grandkids. I told her that now we're retired, we have plenty of time for travel (back to Kalifornia)!

California has......oh fuck it.I want to move to Texas or Idaho,Arizona or maybe the state of my birth... South Dakota. I'm so tire;d of this BS state, but my wife (of 45 years) wants to be close to the grandkids. I told her that now we're retired, we have plenty of time for travel (back to Kalifornia)!

Sorry BLKMAX, This song popped in my head as soon as I read your post. I had to post it:eusa_dance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdizL4on-Rc

I was born in Cali but live in South Dakota now. I will be moving soon but 100% sure it wont be back to Cali, or anywhere on the coast. I have grown to really like the Midwest. It's different but the advantages far outweigh going back to the coast. YMMV.:eusa_dance:

Back