• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Cool Carb Inlet Covers $35 SOLD

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hijinx1812

Reaction score
I bought these years ago and always get compliments on them. I’ve never seen them on anyone else’s bike. They’re painted silver & are starting to flake a little by the bolt holes. You can’t see the flaking when installed. They’re fine to mount as is or it’d be really cool to repaint them to match your bike!CF1238CE-47BB-4078-9517-6DFA88B2F5E2.jpegCD028BB5-7D4C-4DDD-925C-97FC730065F3.jpeg

Not yet. I’ve got 3 people interested so far & will move down the line and PM members by earliest post. I can add you to the list if you’re interested!

I always hated (yes hated) the plastic covers that went on the intakes/carbs there. I love the look when they're removed and the aluminum intakes are clean. That's just me, but I really like the utilitarian look, uncluttered by anything - particularly the OEM plastic.

My old '94:
IMG_0344_Cropped.jpg

I believe the plastic covers were to used to continue the "imaginary" airflow pathway from the scoops into the cylinders and out the exhaust. A bit over emphasized maybe. And anything (to me) is an improvement on them.

Hopefully, not too blasphemous a statement on this forum.

I always hated (yes hated) the plastic covers that went on the intakes/carbs there. I love the look when they're removed and the aluminum intakes are clean. That's just me, but I really like the utilitarian look, uncluttered by anything - particularly the OEM plastic.

My old '94:
View attachment 75869

I believe the plastic covers were to used to continue the "imaginary" airflow pathway from the scoops into the cylinders and out the exhaust. A bit over emphasized maybe. And anything (to me) is an improvement on them.

Hopefully, not too blasphemous a statement on this forum.

I Agree20190624_173101.jpg

Latest posts

Back