Corbin Seat Fitment Issues

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjb600

Reaction score
Has anyone had any problems fitting their Corbin seat? When I put mine on, the bolt holes don't line up. I can't tell if it is getting hung up on something or not. If I have someone sit on the seat, I can get the bolts in, but I figured it should fit better than that.

I never bolted mine down. It hangs in there with out them. It also makes it alot eaiser to fill it up.

Try adjusting the rear grab bar - loosen the bolts up on it and try test fitting again - should do the trick.

Mike

I never bolted mine down. It hangs in there with out them. It also makes it alot eaiser to fill it up.

My Corbin isn't bolted either. But I do plan to atleast plug the holes maybe with short screws just so there isn't an empty hole in the side of my seat. Gas station attendents tend to be a little surprised when I jump off and imediately grab the hole seat off to fill up.

My original Corbin fitted perfectly - the holes lined up just right.

The one I have now isn't bolted anymore - it came without holes. I tried making some myself, but found it impossible to get the bolts through lining up to the holes, especially with my Fatmax bags in place. So I just gave up and now it just sits there, and I just hope no-one ever notices and just grabs it..

Has anyone had any problems fitting their Corbin seat? When I put mine on, the bolt holes don't line up. I can't tell if it is getting hung up on something or not. If I have someone sit on the seat, I can get the bolts in, but I figured it should fit better than that.

I had exactly the same problem. After some use the rubber bumpers settle in and it will fit and bolt fine. Use it for awhile without the bolts until it settles. I don't recommend continuos use without bolting it down.
I sent my constructive comments to Corbin along with them not using SS hardware, of coarse as with most companies I got no reply.:damn angry:

I had exactly the same problem. After some use the rubber bumpers settle in and it will fit and bolt fine. Use it for awhile without the bolts until it settles. I don't recommend continuos use without bolting it down.
I sent my constructive comments to Corbin along with them not using SS hardware, of coarse as with most companies I got no reply.:damn angry:

+1, when I got my used Corbin seat it didn't line up, I had to force it to get the bolts started. Couple hundred miles later it lines up just fine.

If you can get somebody to sit on it and get the bolts started, just put it on and ride. I bet you'll be able to line it up first try after a while.

I don't normally bolt them on either (they aren't going anywhere with you sitting on it and it's not a harley so not likely to get stolen). They do have problems lining up and one of the reasons the opening is so large.

Sean

Thanks for the input, I just figured for the price Corbin charges for their seat, it would have a perfect fit. I contacted Corbin when I first got the seat and they weren't much help.

Any particular reason for this?

The reason I state this is from experience. On one of my earlier bikes I did not attach the seat out ignorance, no other reason. Going about 65 hit a major bump which kicked me and the seat up about 6 inches. Needless to say the seat did not come back down in the right position making slowing to stop a very dangerous situation. Now my rule is all the gear all the time and eveything secure.

ya i also dont have any issues putting my seat on. Have you checked to make sure the front tab of the seat is actually going under the slot??? really gotta angle it and make sure maybe thats why its not goign all the way down. worth a look

My original Corbin fitted perfectly - the holes lined up just right.

The one I have now isn't bolted anymore - it came without holes. I tried making some myself, but found it impossible to get the bolts through lining up to the holes, especially with my Fatmax bags in place. So I just gave up and now it just sits there, and I just hope no-one ever notices and just grabs it..
What's yer address? :rofl_200:

I had the same problem when I tried to put mine on last year. Was out about a half a hole. Had to get help with someone sitting on it to get it bolted down. Haven't had a reason to take it off yet so here is hoping....

I just got a Corbin off of Ebay and put it on today. It doesnt fit very well around the airbox cover (rubs on it) and I added some hose and a easy fill gas cap so I can fill it up easier.

Back