couple of cool old bike ads

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My buddy is restoring a V65. I keep telling him we are going to RUN when he gets finished to see who is King, Yammy or Honda. :biglaugh:

The last one to Quaker Steak in buying the wings...

z900s were more UJM than these 2 so noone includes it.

v4 for teh win!

cmon honda give us a new magna :(((( im dying over here :(

we want chrome, big pipes, shiny paint, 10k rpm tach, low seat height, comfort, oh and it has to be cheap!!! LOL. skip on the brakes(like u always do) we dont care about those

Attachments

• PIC-0082.jpg
    PIC-0082.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 23
  • PIC-0103.jpg
    PIC-0103.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 22
lol i love magnas a lot. but once you ride a max you dont look back. their side covers on both years would always pop off randomly and at the worst times. i lost the side cover on the 83 one day on the way home down the highway. saw it literally 2 weeks later upside down laying on some weeds when i was in my friends car. i was like STOOOPPP !! !! !1

i lost my 98's side cover in the businest intersection ever in tennessee when i was in a riding group of four people. they all pulled over and stopped and wee like, YOUR SIDE COVRE!!1!!

and i was like awww $hit!1! so i retraced my steps and didnt see it and then i finally found it but a car had hit it and tossed it up on the curb, the plastic cover didnt even break, it just had a tire mark on it and scratched the paint LOL

oh and the later magnas fry regs constantly til you relocate them, they sit right behind the rear cylinders and bake. so keep at least 2 stocked at all times.

but they start up instantly with no choke in any weather, just tap it and they instantly come to life, and if u need to bump start, just push the bike forward and ease the clutch out, starts instantly. no pushing required.

and they run great the moment u start em, u dont need to let em warm up for a few minutes.

and they have nice smooth acceleration that is very predictable up to 10k rpm, no flatness like a vtwin, but no thrust like a vmaxes vboost :( they feel more like inline 4s to me cuz the torque is so low and they need revd pretty bad to get the action going. you do have to clutch the v45s and rev them pretty high to wheelie, its pretty dramatic.

they handle great and have great lean angle too... and i also thought they stopped better than a vmax even though they only had a single disc up front and a drum in the rear

they do run hot because of how compact they are but never overheated on me. i rode the crap out of em. gas was only a dollar 19 a gallon i think when i first got it and i was in the saddle 6 hours a day at least that summer if it wasnt raining. some days more. people around town were sad when i got rid of it cuz i went everywhere on the green mean machine. i even went through drivethroughs on it and stuff. LOL

if youre a bigger guy or ride two up a lot the magna 750 feels boggy and unresponsive.

Ever since old man Honda died the company seems like it's lost its focus . They have been overdue on a new race bike , and subsequent street machine for years now...should have had a V4 ( or even the GP V5 ) something or other come down the pipeline by now . :confused2:

I love my RC51 enough to never get rid of it , but I'd be willing to consider a new RC should Honda put one out . The bike truly has a mojo all it's own...just like Mr Max ( or as I call my bike ' The Screaming Banana ' )...:worthy:

Back