Custom intake

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

assassinx1

Reaction score
Hey guys I built a custom intake for my old xj600 it's a single pod filter split using PVC pipe feeding all 4 carbs. I want to build a two intake set up. 1 pod feeding two carbs. My question is is this to much air to feed the carbs if so would doing a single pod into all four carbs be ok? ....reason for this is on my old bike the sound of the intake was amazing. And picked up some extra hp. Because I used 1 pod I didn't have to jet my other bike.

Hey guys I built a custom intake for my old xj600 it's a single pod filter split using PVC pipe feeding all 4 carbs. I want to build a two intake set up. 1 pod feeding two carbs. My question is is this to much air to feed the carbs if so would doing a single pod into all four carbs be ok? ....reason for this is on my old bike the sound of the intake was amazing. And picked up some extra hp. Because I used 1 pod I didn't have to jet my other bike.

2 carbs feeding the 4 cyls, might work out for you depending on the carbs. It would be like having Vboost open all the time. 1 carb feeding 4 cyls is a different story.

In the past there were a few guys running a 4bbl with a manifold that fed all 4 cyls. seemed like it was great in the upper rpm's but as for a daily driver it was kind of sluggish down low.

2 carbs feeding the 4 cyls, might work out for you depending on the carbs. It would be like having Vboost open all the time. 1 carb feeding 4 cyls is a different story. QUOTE]

Does he not mean one air filter feeding two carbs rather than one carb feeding two cylinders?

My flat-slides have two sock type filters and I know others have used individual K & N's but with mixed results.
On some bikes they seem to work on others it causes running issues.

Does he not mean one air filter feeding two carbs rather than one carb feeding two cylinders?

My flat-slides have two sock type filters and I know others have used individual K & N's but with mixed results.
On some bikes they seem to work on others it causes running issues.

I believe your right :clapping:

I saw a Honda 750 motor with a 4bbl Quadrajet mounted, installed in a John Deere pulling lawn mower years ago. He called it the "750 Super Deere". Sounded like it screamed, but it kept shattering gears in its VW rear ends.

No lol I meant 1 pod air filter feeding 2 carbs. Or 1 pod feeding all 4.

Back