Daytona Bike Week

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sAlMan

Reaction score
Hello all Daytona is coming up real soon. Trying to get an idea of who / what / when if anyone's going It starts March 4th and goes to March 13th. I know 2 so far headin over from Tampa what day (days) is not decided.

Myself and four or five GenII guys are heading over on Thursday the 10th through the 13th. Staying at the Ocean Sands I think??....Close to main on the ocean $139.00 a night for a double!

I been thinkin bout it, give me your oppions.

I dont have alot of vacation time but Id love to get down there and try to sell some MAXGASSERS , So it would be a 24 hour strieght shot down prolly leave on thursday, arrive on friday morn, catch a few Z's ,stay fri, sat, sun, leave monday morn ,back home tuesday morn?

Not only could I hopfully sell some seats, but just as important meet the southern brothers!

Rick, I have been putting out emails to persons advertising rooming/housing for the end of BW (Thur thru Sat) Usually this is a little out of town ( not Daytona proper) in someone's house or condo. I can usually find someone willing to take two weeks rent for my shortened week stay. 125 a week is a going rate so I'd pay $ 250 for four or five days. Trailer parking is usually no problem. Some will include meals if you throw in for groceries. I plan on having product and tools there for anyone to try MGs. Sunday is not worth staying around for in my experience. With the VMOA as it is this year, no telling what is planned. I have not heard from 82nd Cowboy so that does not bode well. PM me bro if you think you might make it. PATMAX

Last edited:
Good deal guys. I'm sure as it gets closer we will update thread!

I hope to be there around the 6th or 7th. Will be camping at the Holiday Travel Park Campground. Hope to meet some new faces. Should be a good time. Think Robert 82nd cowboy said he might be able to make the last weekend maybe Saturday.

Marcus
VMOA 1739

Myself and four or five GenII guys are heading over on Thursday the 10th through the 13th. Staying at the Ocean Sands I think??....Close to main on the ocean $139.00 a night for a double!

Would you mind a Gen 1 tailgater? I have to check to see when the condo is rented for, but I'm pretty sure my wife reserved the room for me during Turkey Rod Run.

Bill :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Would you mind a Gen 1 tailgater? I have to check to see when the condo is rented for, but I'm pretty sure my wife reserved the room for me during Turkey Rod Run.

Bill :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Absolutely not! Would love to have another Max in tow. But I am not going to be able to leave until Friday morning now. I was out riding over you way on Sunday!

Absolutely not! Would love to have another Max in tow. But I am not going to be able to leave until Friday morning now. I was out riding over you way on Sunday!

I was in deck building mode Sunday,so I didn't even start the bike, I had Ron's Cycle Supply mount two tires for me on Saturday,"service is still good". Found out last night I may be in Indy for that weekend "Bike week", I may be a no go if I have to go the Allison factory.

Hey Folks, Saturday March 12th Robert has set up a meet at Boxennstopps. 11 a.m. - ? Hope to see you all there!

Jim Mayes

Let's see, we got pirana grille on thurs at 6:30 or 7 we got Boxenstopps on Sat at 11. So we're trying to get a ride together tues or wed. I know alot of guys won"t be coming to Daytona til later in the week, but there's lots of vmaxs there all week so let's do a ride to three bananas resturant on the lake. Meet up at Destination Daytona. Most of the trip would be on back roads so we can keep together. It's about 38 miles over to there. It's been a loooooonnngg winter for me. I want to ride. Chime in if you're interested.

Thanks Ron

I heard from Robert 82nd cowboy recently. The VMOA will set up their store and meet at 11 am on Sat the 12th at Boxenstopp in Holly Hills. Will ride out about 2 hrs later to get lunch. Robert said he is not sure if or when he will attend due to trucking business demands.

Hey guys, when you meet up at Boxenstopps tell Joe that I said hello and wish him and his lovely wife all the best.

I'll always remember Joe's kindness and I owe him, big time. He sold me a brand new 200mm rear for $50 when I was down on my tread......which got me all the way home to Wyoming last year ~ 5K miles ago, and its still on the bike...been through a ton of dynos...at the end of its life ...and I'm sure I'll never run across such great fortune as when I stumbled into Joe's place.

.......wish he could hook me up with his friend back in the EU who did that fantasic paint job on his GEN I....still looks show room ready.....

Latest posts

Back