DID I HEAR THIS RIGHT?????? 135mph top!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Earlzach

Reaction score
I was told the Top speed of the new max is 135. The quarter mile times and such that have been mentioned are by calculations based on weight and hp. not a real pass because the bike wont actually make it to 145 mph. Please tell me this guy dont know jack! However he is a Drag racer of a 2000 220 Busa. (Still dont meen he's right) Did Yamaha take advantage of the CPU and restrict it? I know Dage did it with the Hemi. It was capable of 400hp acording to stats on the moter but Diamler Chrysler decided to use the CPU to pull it back to 345hp and 105 top speed. I can see where it is possible for yamaha to be able to do this.:ummm:

Is there a speed limiter, yes. Will the bike exceed 135 mph, yes. The limiter is a "soft" one, in other words if you start out 1st and keep hard on the throttle it will blow right on by 135 mph. This info is directly from a Yamaha Canada rep at a demo.

What i read it was doing 142 at the quarter mile also it was mentioned it has a reprogramable limiter , the article i read was written by the guys at Yamaha Japan :clapping:

a limiter and a govenor can be changed via a power commander

Well, not exactly. Power Commander remaps your FI curves. You'll likely need a TRE (timing retard eliminator) to remove the speed governor. Healtech Electronics makes an X-TRE to do just that. If they come up with one for the new Max, that is. (And, I think they will.)

sounds to me or what i was told...banging through gears computer knows your running a quarter mile and limiter is set in the high 140s..yamaha must know the bike will not get a higher mph in stock form...where the hell ya going after high 140 anyway

Ever hear of a TRE??:ummm:

Must be some RAPPER right? :rofl_200::biglaugh::rofl_200:

Most of you guys here never seen 135 on your VMAX

That's all I've seen on mine - 3 times last night. Doesn't seem like it wants to go much higher, so either my windscreen gives too much resistance, or it's not running quite right. Would it usually take a long time to get from 135 to 145?
I haven't got the patience, keep running out of clear road and am still wary of wobbles even if since going back to 12.5" shocks, torquing rear axle back to 120Nm and letting the air outa forks it's been a lot more stable..
(remember I'm all stock inc exhaust on an '86 with 39k miles!)

That's all I've seen on mine - 3 times last night. Doesn't seem like it wants to go much higher, so either my windscreen gives too much resistance, or it's not running quite right. Would it usually take a long time to get from 135 to 145?
I haven't got the patience, keep running out of clear road and am still wary of wobbles even if since going back to 12.5" shocks, torquing rear axle back to 120Nm and letting the air outa forks it's been a lot more stable..

I went riding yesterday 300+ miles.
2006 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000
2008 Honda CBR 600RR
I seen 150 a few times yesterday on a few stretches of back roads!

PS dont mess with a 600RR they will spank your ass, low end, mid range roll on and top end!!
VMAX was the slowest of the bunch yesterday! I even ran off into a field at 80 MPH got airborne. Came into a turn to fast and ol frame flexxer as usual handled like a truck! so I stood it back up straight and pointed it into the field and off we went leaving a 25 ft skid mark on the blacktop before the field, hit a lil embankment and went airborne..... landed in the field about 75 feet where ya can see the landing marks and never touched the brakes until I slowed down to about 25.. Landed so hard it popped my front tie strap loose!!,, never laid the bike down.. Sat there in the field for a bit took my helmet off and fired up a smoke and the boys came back and yelled from the road What are you doing Yankee in the middle of the damn field:ummm: Another fun and exciting day on ol frame flexxer! Picked the grass and hay from under the bike, spun through the field got up on the blacktop and laid a 200 ft 2nd gear burn out!

Yeah atleast if I had knobbies on the VMAX I could ride in 50CC class with the PEE WEES and maybe be able to keep up on this non handling slow turd

I was told the Top speed of the new max is 135. The quarter mile times and such that have been mentioned are by calculations based on weight and hp. not a real pass because the bike wont actually make it to 145 mph. Please tell me this guy dont know jack! However he is a Drag racer of a 2000 220 Busa. (Still dont meen he's right) Did Yamaha take advantage of the CPU and restrict it? I know Dage did it with the Hemi. It was capable of 400hp acording to stats on the moter but Diamler Chrysler decided to use the CPU to pull it back to 345hp and 105 top speed. I can see where it is possible for yamaha to be able to do this.:ummm:

The chrysler Hemi, the newer one in the current charger R/T, goes well over 105.

i know, I had one pass me (more like fly by me, when i was moving 135 on the Vmax. I checked online and CPU cutoff is at 145 on the Charger Hemi.

They are using them in Arkansa as there state police cars. A friend out was chased by one while he was riding his 08 Honda CBR 1000 he said he had a lil bit of a rough time losing him during the chase. He had to run 155+ to make any ground

I've seen 115 but the speed wobble forces me off the throttle.... new ME880 on the front tomorrow.

I went riding yesterday 300+ miles.
2006 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000
2008 Honda CBR 600RR
I seen 150 a few times yesterday on a few stretches of back roads!

PS dont mess with a 600RR they will spank your ass, low end, mid range roll on and top end!!
VMAX was the slowest of the bunch yesterday! I even ran off into a field at 80 MPH got airborne. Came into a turn to fast and ol frame flexxer as usual handled like a truck! so I stood it back up straight and pointed it into the field and off we went leaving a 25 ft skid mark on the blacktop before the field, hit a lil embankment and went airborne..... landed in the field about 75 feet where ya can see the landing marks and never touched the brakes until I slowed down to about 25.. Landed so hard it popped my front tie strap loose!!,, never laid the bike down.. Sat there in the field for a bit took my helmet off and fired up a smoke and the boys came back and yelled from the road What are you doing Yankee in the middle of the damn field:ummm: Another fun and exciting day on ol frame flexxer! Picked the grass and hay from under the bike, spun through the field got up on the blacktop and laid a 200 ft 2nd gear burn out!

Glad you're OK! THIS IS THE EXACT SAME THING THAT HAPPENED TO ME ON MY XS1100! Except I wasn't so lucky.... I went off the road between the road and a fence. Never hit the fence. Road the bike straight and slowed down until I started hitting beer bottles, rocks, road trash, dirt clods, etc. Lost the bike at like 5mph and put a big dent in the gas tank. Damn Yamaha wobbly flex engineering!

Now you've gotten to me... now I'm starting to say wobbly in every few sentences!

Latest posts

Back