different R/R from 97 to 98 and up

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulmartone

Reaction score
Does any one know why the part#'s are different from 1997 Rect & Reg Assy (3JP-81960-00-00) , then in 98 they came out with 3JP-81960-01-00

Did they fix something here, the part # stays the same from 98 to present.
The reason I ask is I know about the FH001 MOS-fet R/R. and if they fixed something with the 98 model, then I'll just replace my 97 with 98.

cheers

Does any one know why the part#'s are different from 1997 Rect & Reg Assy (3JP-81960-00-00) , then in 98 they came out with 3JP-81960-01-00

Did they fix something here, the part # stays the same from 98 to present.
The reason I ask is I know about the FH001 MOS-fet R/R. and if they fixed something with the 98 model, then I'll just replace my 97 with 98.

cheers

If it aint broke dont fix it. :punk:
Cheers

Look at the picture. I think it was 98 or 99 they went to the larger finned regulator which is a much better unit. Easy to swap into your older bike.

Sean

Look at the picture. I think it was 98 or 99 they went to the larger finned regulator which is a much better unit. Easy to swap into your older bike.

Sean

Thanks, the reason I ask is I'm only getting 12.5v at the battery at 1000 rpm and already replaced my starterclutch, and upgraded my stator to a venture unit..... I\m just tired of starting issues, havent done the crimp fix yet, but I will get to that.

Thanks, the reason I ask is I'm only getting 12.5v at the battery at 1000 rpm and already replaced my starterclutch, and upgraded my stator to a venture unit..... I\m just tired of starting issues, havent done the crimp fix yet, but I will get to that.

Forget the crimp and wire your R/R straight to the battery. MUCH BETTER:biglaugh:

Forget the crimp and wire your R/R straight to the battery. MUCH BETTER:biglaugh:

Done and Done!! Thanks for that suggestion RagingMain. I will wire that when I get back from the job tomorrow. I'll post my voltage to see the difference.:worthy:

Latest posts

Back