Does anyone make a Chambered Exhaust?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBreinin

Reaction score
After listening the assorted V-Max clips I have come to the conclusion that the bike has a real small V-8 type of sound with a decent exhaust. My favorite design of muffler for a small V-8 is a chambered design, like a Flowmaster or a MAC (I prefer the MAC, personally).

Does any company make a chambered design exhaust for the V-Max? Yeah, it would be loud as hell..but man it would sound MEAN.

Just curious,

Mike

The stock mufflers are chambered. That's why they work so well with a stock engine. The only complaints about the stock exhaust is that they're heavy and the header diameter is too damn small.

Mark

The stock mufflers are chambered. That's why they work so well with a stock engine. The only complaints about the stock exhaust is that they're heavy and the header diameter is too damn small.

Mark
And quiet as hell!

Duh! How could I forget the most important part! lol

Mark

Yeah, the stock mufflers are extremely quiet...like whisper quiet. The whole bike is too quiet. Not enough induction noise, not enough exhaust noise. It goes like stink, quiet stink! :eusa_dance:

My RZ on the other hand...with its Bassani chambers and Toomey aircleaner assembly is loud as hell.

I need noise!

Mike

Yeah, the stock mufflers are extremely quiet...like whisper quiet. The whole bike is too quiet. Not enough induction noise, not enough exhaust noise. It goes like stink, quiet stink! :eusa_dance:

My RZ on the other hand...with its Bassani chambers and Toomey aircleaner assembly is loud as hell.

I need noise!

Mike

If you want loud then either get a Kerker system with a 2 1/2 insert or a UFO system.

I know it's posted here several times, but I don't know of a better sounding set up than the Hindle 4-1 and Kerker K45 Can. Yes I know I'm biased. :D

That's why the best sounding exhaust is "yours"!

Mark

That's why the best sounding exhaust is "yours"!

Mark

You mean "mine"!:biglaugh::smileystooges:

Mark, how's Daddyhood going? Have the baby poops gone from "cute" to "Oh my God, what has he been eating??!!" LOL... ahh I remember those days! :cheers:

lol, going great! His daycare provider walked up to me the other day and told me "he farts like a man". Aw, yeah!

Mark

That sounds good.

With porting , big cams and flatslides you should see how fast the tach needle sweeps.From idle to whatever and back to idle almost instantly.Really hard not to hit the rev limiter in 1st,2nd and 3rd under full throttle.

Back