Ducati 1100 cc V-4! 210 hp

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Ducati 210 hp V-4! Can its use in the Diavel be predicted?

Attachments

• 090717top-i-768x492.jpg
    090717top-i-768x492.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 54
I replaced my broken 900SS with my Vmax so I say hubba hubba, best of both worlds.

Ill always have a soft spot for 2V air cooled twins though. Monsters arent Monsters anymore....

I just saw a Ducati 1000 GTS, the naked retro bike at a friend's shop for sale. <1500 mi. & $9000, it was gorgeous! I would have bought it if I had some spare cash. A guy from NJ showed up & bought it.

Always hoped Honda would quit farting around with the V4 Interceptor, make it a 1000 like literally everyone asked for and toss the clumsy, gimmicky VTEC like literally everyone asked for. Instead they did neither, lightly restyled it (that nobody asked for), and jacked up the price (always a sales booster).

If you wanted more power, here, have this goofy looking VFR1200.

Then they tried again with the CTX1300. Bagger? Sport-tourer? Who knows! I rode one of these and actually kind of liked it. Engine had zero personality as is par for the course with Honda, just appliance-like smoothness and competence. But otherwise it felt lighter than it was and even had reasonably sporty handling. But it was too "foreign" for the Bagger crowd and not sporty enough for the sport-tourers, which is why you can still buy a brand new 2014 model for roughly half-off at dealers (one near me has one on the floor for $8200, from it's original retail of $15,900).

Then Honda just punted on the V4 idea entirely and set about doing what they do best. Make hopelessly competent and reliable commuter bikes that are exciting to operate as a dishwasher. Yamaha missed the boat on the new Venture- rather than a new line of retuned gen2 Max motor powered dresser, bagger, they elected to copy Harley and shove a gigantic, lazy air cooled v-twin in there with a comically low redline. If the "eluder" (whoever picked that name should be fired) had the gen2 motor in it- even for a little more money- I'd be at the Yamaha shop tomorrow waving a checkbook around. For a snoozy v-twin? Pass.

Yamaha missed the boat on the new Venture- rather than a new line of retuned gen2 Max motor powered dresser, bagger, they elected to copy Harley and shove a gigantic, lazy air cooled v-twin in there with a comically low redline. If the "eluder" (whoever picked that name should be fired) had the gen2 motor in it- even for a little more money- I'd be at the Yamaha shop tomorrow waving a checkbook around. For a snoozy v-twin? Pass.

I am absolutely with you on this. I have spent a ridiculous amount of money on my street glide to get what i feel is acceptable performance from it. A touring bike based around the gen 2 engine would be a fabulous idea and you can bet I would be sitting with my checkbook in hand as well. Willing to bet I would have a fair chunk of cash left over after selling the SG as well. Jeez, you got me licking my chops over an idea like this...

Back