Dyna 3000 Settings?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
I've been running my 94's Dyna Ignition on the mildest setting for quite some time now. When dyno'd the bike was pretty flatlined at 14:1 Air Fuel. My gas mileage has been pretty good at 44 on the highway.

So I want to make the bike a little more comparable in performance to my 89. What ignition setting do most of you run? I believe there are 2 other curves that I could try.

With stock compression I think you can probably run it all the way to curve 5 or 4 without harm as long is its not too lean.

Do you have the cut sheet for the unit? It's available online.

With stock motor I ran mine on curve 3

Curve 4 is more aggressive than curve 5, its not a typo.

I think I remember your dyno printout. I wouldn't believe that a/f curve they gave you, it was impossibly flat and perfect for a non fuel injected dyno run.

Stock motor curve 1 makes the most hp, curve 4 "feels" a little more punchy down low but at the strip it'll cost you 1-2mph up top and the et's are identical.... I stick with curve 1 on mine.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

14:1 is too lean for best power and perforance. Great for economy. Try to get it closer to 13:1 if you can.

94 was a nearly flat 14:1 A/F, bottom to top. My 89 was the same Flat line but at 11.78:1/11.79:1 and in runs really hard from the get go,
I think maybe 155 jets for the 94 before a different curve? Thoughts, it's currently 152.5.:ummm:

Thanx for the ideas.

You can go one small change or jump 2 sizes. I'd almost say to go the two sizes.

I gotta agree with Sean, on my wide band the difference between a 152.5 and a 155 is about .4 of a point in a/f ratio and if your really at 14:1 now you need to richen it up a full point... Only way to know for sure is to race it or head back to the same dyno to see if it changes.. As long as I'm not excessively lean I don't care what the a/f is as long as it makes the most power that way :punk:

Back