emissions can questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
06 vmax 1200 california model

just finished repairing the transmission and i can't rememeber where the carbon charcoal canister is located. can someone take a picture of their canister so i know where to put it.

also, the canister has three nipple. two in the front and one in the rear. one of the nipples in the front connects to the carburetors. where does the other front nipple connect to? does the rear nipple connect to the back of the airbox?

Someones gotta know if there's a delete kit for that garbage. Id just get rid of it its just robbing power!

Power doesn't get hurt either way. It's mounted on the left side of the bike and the hose routed up and to the left side front carb (if I remember right). Don't have a picture to help you at the moment. I took mine off my 2005 years ago.

Ahhhh yea im thinking of a PAIR system that draws exhaust gasses into the intake. My bad! Lol

one2: when you say 'left side' are you referring to the left panel with the cdi and other electronics behind the steering stem? does the emissions can connect to the airbox? unfortunately, there is next to no info on the emission canister in the yamaha service manual.

donnelly: i appreciate the suggestion but i want to keep the bike as stock as possible and, more inportantly, i want to hook the emission canister up so i can tune and synch the carbs.

Awesome. One more question for you One2d, can you take a picture of how the rear brake resevervior mounts to the frame. I'm not sure of it's placement.

Reservoir mounts under the side cover on the right of the bike. Upper right hand corner. One bolt holds it in place. There is a tab on the frame it bolts to. It is basically right against the fuel tank. I typically remove the reservoir from the frame to fill it when bleeding. Its in a bitch of a spot IMO.

Mike is correct. Go to our facebook site and browse the various folders. One of the build pics likely has what you are looking for.

excellent work and i've been able to mate everything to its proper place. my last question is that i have two shims left over but i am not sure where they go to. here's a pic. they are 4.5 mm across, .4mm thick, 75mm ID and 83.5mm OD. any suggestions?
IMG_0528.jpg

Yea, you must have had the trans apart or at least the big bearing on the end of the trans shaft (under the mid gear cover). Those shims go under the big bearing.

Sean

do they inside or outside of the middle gear cover? the engine is back together and in the frame. are you saying i have to remove the engine and split the cases to install the shims?

Not sure you need to split the cases but you will need to try and remove the big nut under the cover and extract the bearing. It's not going to be easy but should be able to be done in the bike. That's the only place I can think of for that shim. Did you have the big bearing off the shaft?

Latest posts

Back