Engine paint

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RUkidding

Reaction score
My 95 Vmax has glossy black on all the engine surfaces except the heads which are black wrinkle paint. I was told by the 2nd owner (I'm #3) that the engine had performance work done by the 1st owner. Maybe the heads were removed for modification & repainted??

Randy in Phoenix, Az.

The paint on the heads does deteriorate over time compared to the block. It is very common for the paint on the block to still be very glossy while the paint on the heads fades, crackles, wrinkles, and even comes off. If you go to my website and look at the paint section you will see an extreme example of this. Look for the green vmax and you will see the heads look like ass while the rest of the engine looks ok. This will be fixed probably this spring on his bike with one of our painted engine services.

Sean

This is the case with my '92 but Sean is going to take care of this problem as soon as I can get my engine to him. I'll be sure to photo ducument the before and after!

Mine has this problem too. I bought a can of engine enamel from advance auto and have been slowly taping off and touching up the heads. Not the best fix but it does make a big difference. If I had the cash I would love to get the whole thing redone, maybe someday.

Back