Engine Paint

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDKILA

Reaction score
Anyone repaint there motor or touch it up with any success while it was still on the bike? I have various nicks and whatnot I would like to touch up and the sharpie just can't do it all:biglaugh:

Thanks,
Abe

Anyone repaint there motor or touch it up with any success while it was still on the bike? I have various nicks and whatnot I would like to touch up and the sharpie just can't do it all:biglaugh:

Thanks,
Abe

Ya cant polish a turd into a gold bar. A sharpie I guess that looks really nice ... until you start the engine and it heats up to 220+F

Just take a gallon of paint shake it up real good usually if you play some techno dance music and shake it to the beat for 2mins and 34 seconds it will make the finish much gooder.. Stand back 3 ft and 7.5 inches and do the Oneeeee Twoooooo and Let her sling all over the engine. Repeat this step for side 2. If you dont have enough for the front of the engine they sell these big fat markers at the Teachers Store and they are awesome, if worse comes to worse just take the cap off and sniff it as you listen to the music you shook the paint can to in the first step of instructions.:eusa_dance:

My motor needs a few touches too, but I'm waiting till I get round to having to open things like the water pump, at which point I can repaint those parts properly. Got the black, the clear coat and the spray gun already from previous jobs :biglaugh:

I had a few ugly bits on mine which I fixed by using an engine paint rattle can and sprayed onto a fine paintbrush (artist type) and brushed it.
I was amazed how well it worked.

Back